I liked Logan.

       How couldn't I see it before? Logan was always there for me and always made me smile when I was sad. After Lilly passed away, he stayed with me if my mom was working so I didn't have to be alone. He was exactly the guy I was looking for.

       "And you're not denying it," Flynn said. "Meaning you do like him and Loganity will happen."

       I sighed. "Flynn, you can't tell anyone. Please. Not even Mom."

       "Aww, why not?" Flynn asked. "I have to at least tell Jake."

       "Especially not Jake," I said. "Jake is Logan's brother and would probably tell him."

       "I doubt it," Flynn said. "Come on, Jake could keep secrets. For example, there's this one secret he told me, but not anybody else."

       "Wow, so trustworthy," I said sarcastically. "Please don't tell anyone?"

       Flynn huffed dramatically. "Fine. You're secret is safe with me."

       I still couldn't believe I didn't notice my feelings for Logan sooner. I always felt so comfortable around him and whenever someone called me his girlfriend, I didn't even mine. And now, it made sense why I was getting so mad at Logan for wanting to go to the homecoming dance just because those cheerleaders asked him to.

       I sighed silently. This was going to mess our friendship up.

       Someone knocked on the door and Flynn ran to it to answer. "Jake!" he exclaimed happily when the door was open.

       "Flynn!" Jake said back with the same amount of energy.

       "Infinity, Logan's here too!" Flynn called to me.

       I got up from the couch and walked over. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

       "My mom told me to drop off Jake, so I figured I'd stay as well," Logan said.

       "You're fine with that, right Infinity?" Flynn asked, wiggling his eyebrows. Luckily, he was standing behind Logan so Logan didn't see.

       "Why wouldn't I be fine with it?" I asked. I swear, Flynn better shut his big mouth or I was going to find some duck tape.

       "No reason," Flynn said. "Come on, Jakey. Let's go play Minecraft while we leave these two lovebirds alone."

       Jake nodded. "Yes. But I'm watching you, Logan. You better treat this lady with respect."

       "Shouldn't I be saying that?" Flynn asked. "She's my sister."

       "Yeah, but you weren't saying it," Jake said. "So I did."

       "Well then, he's right," Flynn said to Logan. "If you hurt my sister, you will feel my wrath. Let's go, Jake." 

       When Flynn and Jake were upstairs, Logan sighed irritably. "They can be so annoying at times," he said.

       "I know," I said. "Especially Flynn. He can be really annoying and he knows it, but he doesn't try to stop being annoying. And he even called me boring just because my favorite color is brown and my favorite food is salad and my favorite subject in school is math. I mean, it's not boring to me and if he doesn't like it, that's his fault, but it doesn't mean I'm any less interesting. His favorite subject is gym and I find it boring, but that doesn't mean he's...."

       "Fin," Logan interrupted. "Are you okay? You're rambling."

       "I'm fine," I said. "I was just stating that Flynn is really annoying because he kept calling me boring and saying...." I stopped when I realized I was rambling. "Sorry."

       Logan just chuckled. "It's fine. So, want to watch a movie?"

       "Yeah, sure," I said. "I love movies, except for horrors and thrillers. Those movies terrify me and I get nightmares from them sometimes and it gets really....I'm rambling again, aren't I?"

       "Yeah," Logan said. "Are you sure you're okay. You never ramble."

       "I'm fine," I said. "How about you go pick out a movie and I make some hot chocolate?"

       "Okay," Logan said. 

       He went to the living room and I went to the kitchen. I heated up the kettle and grabbed two mugs from the cabinet, but I ended up losing grip on one of them and it fell on the counter, shattering into pieces. Some of the pieces ended up falling onto the floor and once scraped my knee in the process.

       Logan came into the kitchen. "Are you okay?" he asked. "I heard glass breaking."

       "Yeah, I just....dropped a mug."

       His eyes landed on my knee and the blood dripping down. He walked over and picked up the pieces on the floor before turning off the stove and leading me to the living room, sitting me on the couch. "Where's the first aid kit?" he asked.

       "The closet by the front door," I replied. 

       Logan got it and came back, setting it on the table and opening it up. He knelt down in front of my and cleaned up the blood dripping down my leg.

       "Luckily the cut isn't that bad," Logan said. "I don't know what I would do if something happened to you."

       "It's just a cut," I pointed out

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

       "It's just a cut," I pointed out. "I'm fine."

       "I know," Logan said, placing a band-aid over top of the scratch. "But I can't imagine you getting hurt, even if it's a cut."

       I smiled faintly as he finished putting the band-aid on top. He put the first-aid kit back before sitting down beside me on the couch. "Thanks," I said.

       "Of course," Logan said. "It's basically my job as a best friend to help you out."

       Yeah. As a best friend.

       I just wish it was more.

_____________

Okay, that gif is my favorite one that I used so far. It's the one I made because I couldn't find it anywhere. But the one I'm planning on using for chapter 10 will definitely be my favorite. cx

So last chapter, when Logan said, "Then what kind of guy are you looking for?" I imagined Infinity just thinking, you.

And can Logan be any cuter? cx

Stay By My Side (Rewritten)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें