Chapter 2

2.Relish 

One week after I came to visit Kate, That was the first day I saw her, and even though I saw her from a distance, I relished on her and what the funny sense of humor here, that I didn't know. It felt like I was dreaming, how could someone be so beautiful. I was in the car sitting by Kate in the car we were coming back from sightseeing of the city when I caught sight of her. She was on the sidewalk by Kate's house as if she was coming out of it. I was staring at her in awe, but she turned behind to search for someone. Was she searching for her boyfriend, I was just praying to God to please let her be single.

What the hell? When did I start thinking about girls? I don't know, but I want to get to know about her. And I will find out about her.

But when Kate parked the car, I jumped out and I came running out to the driveway, she was gone. I then started thinking why would in the world she want to do something with me. I was just any other guy she saw on road. Thinking this I went to Kate's house my house for now.

Kate and Garrett both were talking about something. I started walking upstairs to my room, thinking. Today I was going to meet Avery Kent, Ave as she wanted everyone to call her.

Oh! if I were lucky she could help me find her. Yeah, that's what I would do. She coming today to meet me. My luck is with me.

Kate calling me pulled me out of my reverie. I went downstairs.

I asked, "What happened? ".

Kate said, "Avery is not coming today ".

I signed, my lucky star is not with me today.

I asked " Why? is she going out with her boyfriend. huh?"

Kate said "She doesn't have any boyfriend okay. She just had some work to do. She'll come tomorrow."

I said "Okay ".

Kate asked Garrett "When did she come by ?"

Garrett said, " Just two minutes before you both came by, I am shocked you didn't see her ".

Then why didn't we see her, there was only one person out there.

She also looked like she was coming out of the house.

Could she be the same person? How could she be? My lucky star would not be this lucky for me.

Nah! I don't think it would be her but who knows.

If she was than I am lucky as hell. But if not, then also no problem, I would take her help to find her.

_______________________________________________________________________________

The rest of the day passed in a blur. Nothing important or interesting happened rest of the day, I just couldn't stop thinking about her.

She was such an angel in human form. How could some look so beautiful but then also be plain?

That is so unfair.

But I think I should leave her alone because of that curse that happens to be in my family

It is known as "Relish". It's like love at first sight but a lot more powerful than that. In this Curse, The person who relishes on his or her relish. Would love only see that person, no one else would matter in comparison to her.

Suddenly nothing matters but her, its like a sucking force to be with her, If you are not with her it pains mentally but feels physically , Like a mate bond that is often mentioned in fictional stories, it may be fiction for others but it is a bittersweet reality for our family ( this curse was placed on our family because one of my ancestors had left a magician who had loved him unconditionally. In anger of his betrayal we all our suffering.  )

That if I relish someone other than her than it would be a disaster. it would break her. And I would feel so guilty about it.

So, it's final that I should stay away from. I would have to relish someone before I can love her, whoever that would be.

And then I went into a troubled dream sleep.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Next morning when I woke up. I was exhausted. I got up and got a shower, then went to breakfast. We ate breakfast in silence. Kate broke it first.

"Hi, good morning to both of you, How is the breakfast Dante ?" she asked trying to break the awkward silence.

"Good morning Kate, the breakfast is wonderful, these eggs are perfection" I replied winking sneakily to Garrett. He also supported the statement wholeheartedly.

"She will come today, I hope so." Kate said. She signed, even she didn't know that Avery will come or not.

"But I know she will not ditch you. She wanted to meet you. But when you came here was on. And whenever she could come you were out with me or Garrett or both of us."Kate said.

Okay, okay. I get it that I have to behave properly, but why?

Was she this beautiful? I don't know, I'll have to meet her first.

She could be a good distraction from her. Who am I fooling?

Nobody could be more beautiful, attractive.

I was very tired." Kate, I am going to my room."

"Okay."She replied

I went to my room and started texting. There were from Dannie, Roman, and Jasper.

They all were asking how I was and how my holiday was going on.

Dannie and Roman are my brother and sister. Then Jasper is Dannie boyfriend (relish), and her sister was roman's relish. Ah! When would I meet with my Relish?

I fell asleep. dreaming sweet dreams of her being my relish.

_______________________________________________________________________________

When I woke it was afternoon, it would be 2 o'clock in 5 minutes. I washed my face and went down stairs now I was refreshed.

Kate was making lunch; she saw me and told me that we could eat lunch in half an hour. I was going up to my room to get some homework done when the call bell rung someone was on the door. Kate was coming to answer the door. I said "Kate that I would answer the door", I opened the but didn't who it was, I did notice that it was a girl with dark brown or black hair. I turned to Kate and said I just opened the door no need to hurry so much.

When I turned there she was, my memory has not done her justice. She was much more beautiful than the first time I saw her from a distance. But plain at the same time as much of an understated beauty.

Kate said from behind me, "Avery, you are here I thought you were not going to come today also".

She replied in the sweetest voice I had ever heard "sorry Kate. I just had to go to Emily's house to take care of her. She had broken her leg. "

"I am so sorry to hear, hope she gets well soon,"Kate replied. I nodded furiously in agreement, agreeing to anything she said, So happy that my Lucky star did not ditch me this once. 

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Mar 19, 2018 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Forgotten Relishजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें