Chapter 2

Lucas looked like he didn't know what to say, I didn't blame him.  What are you meant to say to a homeless person with nothing but a packet of cigarettes and an old blanket.

L- "Do you need some company? You can stay at mine if you want"

M- "No I'm fine. I've been here up for a while I can live on my own"

L-"Maya, you can't. How old are you?"

M- "15. I'm old enough to look after myself"

He sat down next to me and made himself comfortable, what was he doing? Couldn't he just ignore me and leave me alone like everyone else?

L- "If your sleeping here then so am I, I know we just met but I can't leave you alone like this, you need protecting"

M- "I don't need protecting, won't your family be worried if you stay here? Just go home"

L- "My parents are on a business trip and my brother is at his friends all week, I'm home alone"

M- "Ugh fine stay here, if you snore expect me to hit you"

I turned around and pretended to go to sleep. He was being so kind and caring even though we didn't know anything about each other. All I knew was that his name was Lucas, that was it. Oh well he probably won't be here in the morning, he'll leave just like everyone else, I don't need to know who he is.