She them realized that if she was able to see the moon early, the trees were fewer and fewer by the number. She stumbled along the path until there were no trees in sight and knew she made it out of the forest.

She slowly sat down beside a small pond. She leaned over the water edge and jumped from the reflection she saw, but calmed down when she realized it was only her tattered, dirty self. She stuck her tiny hands in the water and scooped some up in her oms and brought it to her dry mouth.

Shakiness still affected her and her eyes started to droop. She was about to lay down when she heard a voice. A voice of young boy who had to be only a few years older then her seven year old self. Through her blurred vision she saw his silhouette beside a taller silhouette of a woman. Next thing she knew, the women had scooped the girl into her and started to speak reassuring words. Telling her to be strong. It was at this moment when the girl knew she was saved.

---------------------------

Clink. Clink. The sound of metal meeting metal echoed in your ears. You felt beads of sweat dripping off your forehead and into your eyes. You gripped the sword in your hand tighter as you swung at your opponent again. The two swords met again as your opponent had a strong grip. You were unable to use your sword to push away his. You let your sword drop.

You breathed deeply as you went straight down to sit on your butt. You looked up at your opponent, the sun glaring in your eyes. He wore that all too familiar smirk and his bright blue eyes shined as he soon sat back down beside you, his black hair was wet with sweat.

"You put up a good fight, like always, [Name]." You scoffed,

"Until you get the upper hand. You know I don't have the upper body strength to push you away." About to argue, he opened his mouth until you heard a familiar voice call out,

"[Name]! Zackary! Come eat, quick!"

Zack groaned as he heaved himself up from the ground. He brushed off some dirt and held out his hand, offering to help you up. You grabbed it and he easily pulled you back up.

You both continued to walk up the small, rocky path that led to the small wooden house you both called home. You walked into the house and the first thing you noticed was the delicious smell that enveloped you. You looked towards the fire place and saw the kindest woman you've ever known, stirring a pot of stew.

She was a little taller than you with the same black hair of her youngest son. She seemed like she barely aged from the day she saved you and took you under her wing. Her kind brown eyes smiling as she saw you two walk in sluggishly.

"Well, it seems you two had quite the training session," she grabbed two bowls and placed them on the table and you smiled,

"Of course, if Zack wants to be a soldier in the army, and I a blade master, we can't settle for boring," the women smiled as she poured stew into your bowl,"Thank you, Avarietta."

"You have lived here for how long now and I still be to tell you that you don't have to call me that." You shrugged as you put the spoonful of stew up to your mouth. Avarietta and Zack had saved you when you were young, running from danger,"Oh, Terra will be coming home for a few days. He should be showing up soon."

Terra was Zack's older brother by about three years. He lived in the city and was in the army, but he started visiting home more often after his father died in the Demon War of Fallen River. The boys' dad was none other than Sir Isaac Fair, renown general. He had brown hair like Terra and his eyes were a bright blue that was handed down to his sons.

"[Name]," Avarietta continued,"Are you sure you want to become a blade master? I mean, you would be a great wife, you're such a pretty girl. Did you not see how the oldest of Sir Strife's sons was looking at you the other day at the market?"