The Ring

Kilian's hands trembled as he knocked on the green door of the Charming's apartment.  Quickly, the door opened and David, in his usual plaid tee, greeted the pirate. "Killian! What a surprise." He sneered. "Where's Emma?"

There was a moment of silence until Hook began, "Mate, she's at her house getting ready. We're going sailing at noon and I would like to ask..."

"Well, what is it?" her curious dad quizzed.

"I would... I would like to ask for your daughter's hand in marriage."

"Her what?" David gasped.

"Oh, Killian!" exclaimed Mary Margaret, who ran down the stairs with her two-year-old in her arms. "I think it's a fabulous idea! What do you think, David?"

"Well..." he started, but Prince Charming saw the yearning look in his wife's eyes. "Come inside. Let's talk." Killian took a seat in the chair where he comforted Emma after she was trapped in the Snow Queen's ice wall. After a long conversation, David finally agreed. "Killian, you may marry Emma. Just we would ask you one thing." Killian was hoping this would be something brief. He really needed to go make some final preparations, before they set sail in just thirty minutes. "We would like you to give Emma this." David said, holding out the green ring.

"Woah, mate. That's yours. It's in the book, it's special. I can't..." Killian protested.

"Killian, we really want you to have it. You two proved that you are each others true love. Emma loves you, Kilian, and we know you love her. She went to the underworld to save you. We want you to have the ring of true love." Mary Margaret said, wiping a tear from her cheek.

"Thank you." Was all the pirate could manage to say. He stood up, gave his crying soon-to-be mother in law a hug, and his soon-to-be father in law a handshake. "Now, I have a couple more things to do. I must be on my way." Killian said, as he closed the door to the apartment and made his way to Mr. Gold's pawn shop.

AUTHORS NOTE 

thanks for reading this so far! what do you think? let me know in the comments! 

-emilie