one | where do broken hearts go

| roman's pov |

She's really gone. I thought to myself. How could I have fucked up so badly? She was the one person who was there for me, during the good times and the bad. She was smart, classy, beautiful. Everything I'd ever wanted. I'm a damn fool for ruining this, that's for sure.

After some time laying on the bed, I rolled over and picked up my phone. When I pressed the home button, her face immediately showed up on the screen. My eyes burned with tears again. I hurriedly went to my recent call log and tapped the first name that came up. After three rings, she picked up.

"Hello, Roman." I could practically hear the smirk in her damn voice. Why'd I start fucking with her again?

I huffed. "Hi, Paige. I'm guessing you're awake."

"You guessed correctly. Why're you calling me, pumpkin?"

"I need a distraction."

"208. Don't be too long." I rolled my eyes and hung up the phone. I'd been messing with her for so long that we've developed some kind of secret code. Like, "I need a distraction" means "I need some sex." 

I stood up and put my shoes on. I went to the elevator and pressed the down button, feeling my stomach drop with every passing level. When it finally came to a stop, I got off and looked for Paige's room.

"208." I breathed out. I went to knock on the door, but saw the door was slightly cracked. She was already waiting for me. I opened the door and there she was, completely naked, except for a sheet that was covering her ass.

"Hi there." She purred.

"Hey. Let's get this over with." I said. She smirked and stood up on her knees, showing off her body, even though I'd seen it a hundred times already. She got off the bed and walked over to me, wrapping her arms around my waist and kissing my jaw.

"I'm so glad she left you. Now we can finally be together." She whispered in my ear, sending a chill down my spine. Now we can finally be together. That line replayed itself over and over in my head. Normally, I'd be all over her. But tonight was different. I didn't want this anymore. I just wanted my girl back. Paige noticed that I wasn't responding to her kisses, or her seductive ways, and stopped.

"Babe? What's wrong?" She pulled back a bit.

"Don't call me that." I hissed, causing her to pull away from me completely.

"Whoa, what the fuck's your problem?"

"You." I said coldly. "You ruined the best thing that ever happened to me. You ruined my relationship!" Paige looked at me, dumbfounded.

"Me? I didn't do this by myself! It takes two to tango, Roman." She put her hands on her hips.

"Put some damn clothes on, I'm not in the mood for this shit." I snapped at her. She hurriedly put on a crop top and some shorts.

"I know that I fucked up, but I'm not gonna let this go on any longer. I'm done, Paige." I headed for the door.

"Fine! See if I care! You're like a third grader in bed anyway!" I stopped in my tracks and turned around.

"Now you know that ain't true." I said and left the room. I took a deep breath. Now that the bullshit with Paige is done, I only have one thing on my mind.

I need to get my girl back. 

. . .

Counted all my mistakes and there's only one
Standing out from the list of the things I've done
All the rest of my crimes don't come close
To the look on your face when I let you go

So I built you a house from a broken home
And I wrote you a song with the words you spoke

Yeah, it took me some time, but I figured out
How to fix up a heart that I let down

Now I'm searching every lonely place
Every corner calling out your name
Tryna find you, but I just don't know
Where do broken hearts go?

[ so, that was relatively short. and I wanted it that way, so don't lose your minds. it was to give more of a backstory to Roman and his girlfriend's breakup. as a matter of fact, you will meet her in the next chapter! and after you meet the girlfriend in the next chapter, the rest of the story will be told in flashbacks leading up to this point, so get excited for that! and, the chapters will be titled after songs, because I'm too lazy to come up with original titles lmao. well, I'm done here, please vote and comment! see you all in the next chapter! ]