Chapter 2 - Today a Reader, Tomorrow a Leader

6 Years Later - Lily's View

It was mine, Milly's and Tilly's birthday tomorrow. I was super-excited! We would be ten, and then one more year of waiting until Hogwarts. I still loved art and being creative, Milly was still a scaredy cat and Tilly was still very clever. Tilly was mostly looking forwards to Hogwarts because she had stolen (She said she had borrowed) some of Ginny, Percy, and Ron's Hogwarts books and had a read of them and said it had seemed very interesting. 

From 4 years ago, at the age of 4 when Fred and George hated us 3 (I have a very good memory) they both now love us, and we love them. We prank everybody all the time, even Tilly who reads books all the time always pranked with us. It was awesome!

In the Burrow, we had the biggest room because 5 people slept in it, me, Tilly, Milly, Fred and George. Me and Tilly had a bunk bed but Milly was scared of heights so she had a single bed. Fred and George also had a bunk bed, and they took it in turns sleeping in the top bed. Their was one desk in the room for reading and writing if anyone wanted to, two sets of dressers which me, Tilly and Milly shared and the other which Fred and George shared. We also had a bookshelf which had most of Tilly's books on and some of mine, Fred's, Milly's and George's.

I saw that Tilly was already sitting at the desk reading her book when I woke up. Milly, Fred and George were still fast asleep so I quietly stepped down the stairs of the bunkbed. Suddenly, when I was putting my slippers on, Milly screamed.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHH! MUMMY SAVE ME!!!!!!! SPIDERS! SPIDERS! SPIDEEEEEEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I put my hands over my ears, and so did Tilly. Then I heard Mum running up the stairs. Mum then opened the door to our bedroom and said:

"Whats wrong? Oh, just you, Milly...Have a nightmare?"

Milly nodded and burst into tears.

"There was tarantulas!"

"Its ok.." Mum said, hugging Milly.

Me and Tilly just went back to what we were doing. I put my slippers on, then jumped up and grabbed my sketchbook and crayons. I then ran out of the room and sat down infront of the door to Charlie's bedroom. 

I ripped out a page out of my sketchbook then wrote in my best imitation of Fred's handwriting:

'Hey Char, I have to tell you something secret....I have a massive crush on Lily...

From Fred.'

I giggled and slipped it under the door then ran back to my bedroom. I listened really carefully to Charlie's reaction. 

 I sat down on my bed and listened super carefully. I then heard paper being picked up.  

I suddenly heard Charlie burst out laughing. He then barged into our bedroom and yelled:

"FRED HAS A CRUSH ON LIIILY! FRED HAS A CRUSH ON LIIILY!"

Then Bill ran in and yelled:

"LILY AND FRED, SITTING IN A TREE, K.I.S.S.I.N.G!"

"Fred!" I exclaimed, pretending to blush. "Really???"

Fred went red in the face and shouted:

"I DO NOT!"

Then George laughed loudly.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Fred then ran down the stairs furiously. I started to feel quite sorry for him. Then Charlie walked over to me and said:

"Lils, you did that, didn't you? I promise I won't tell him?"

I grinned and nodded. Then Charlie yelled in my face:

"JINX!!!!! Hey Fred! Lily wrote that note!"

Then Charlie and Bill ran down the stairs towards Fred. I decided to run into Charlie's bedroom and hide under his bed. There was a few spiders and spider webs but I didn't care.

I saw Fred, George, Bill and Charlie's feet but then they ran back down the stairs.

I grinned in delight.