U jealous, boss?

Beginne am Anfang

Me: That's hot in a way I can't explain at all.

Killian: What were u like in college?

Me: Total nerd. Picture glasses, a bun and a turtleneck sweater.

Killian: Fuck yeah. Nothing but the sweater? You vixen.

Me: Ha. More like nerdy dress slacks.

Killian: With stripper heels, right?

I laughed out loud, the sound filling the silence of my empty condo.

Me: Always. Bet you were a golden boy hockey star in college.

Killian: Not exactly.

Me: ?

Killian: Long story. Not a text kind of thing.

I frowned, the possibilities flying through my mind. No way had he worked his way through school – he had to have gotten a full ride to Penn State with hockey. Serious girlfriend? It seemed unlikely, knowing him.

Killian: You would've had a better time with me tonight.

Me: I know.

Killian: Guess we should go to sleep.

I glanced at the alarm clock and groaned. My wake-up call for a six AM workout was just four hours away.

Me: Right. Goodnight.

Killian: Send me a pic of you in my shirt.

Me: Sorry, I don't do selfies.

Killian: I didn't mean your face. Just your tits. ;)

Me: You'll have to use your imagination. Goodnight, Captain.

Killian: Night, boss.

Killian

Keri's grin was smug when she turned to me and Liam. She'd stopped us in the tunnel and we both gave her a questioning look.

"Alright, so you'll be building some positive PR by skating with fans this afternoon," she said.

"Right." Liam nodded. "Just don't bitch if I knock anyone over."

She put a hand up to stop us from moving forward. "Maybe I need to mention that these are young fans."

I scrunched my face skeptically. "Young as in ... teenagers?"

"Uh, no. They range in age from five to seven."

"Oh, hell no," Liam said, crossing his arms across his chest. "I'm not a fuckin' babysitter, Keri."

"They'll have chaperones with them."

"You know, maybe you should ask some of the other guys," I said. "I've never been around little kids."

"Oh, don't give me that. You two are the ones whose images need a makeover." Her blue eyes sparkled with the same kind of confidence that reminded me of Sid.

"I can teach 'em how to throw a good right hook," Liam said, cocking his head. "And share some colorful words they may not know. Or, what about how to break your stick over an opponent's head? That's all some useful stuff."

Keri gave him a no-nonsense glare. "Liam, come on, I'm asking you to do this. Please. You'll have fun, and so will the kids."

His face lit up in a grin. "Okay. We'll do it."