But it was Hermione who actually woke them up. "What we need right now," she spoke, as if thinking deeply, "is a place where we can sit and eat our breakfast, and then watch Harry's memories."

The beds vanished, causing James and Sirius to fall down on the floor, and both of them groaned as one.

"Alright —" said James. "— I give up! Oi, Padfoot! Wake up!"

"Fine, Sirius. Carry on sleeping on the floor. Don't say anything if you don't get any breakfast later," Remus spoke.

This had an instant effect. Sirius sat up straight like he had been on a watchman duty for hours.

Lily, Hermione, Harry, Ron and Remus laughed at him.

"Wait," said Hermione. "Look at this first!" she pointed at the Daily Prophet in her hand.

Everyone looked at her as she read the headline:

SIRIUS BLACK CLEARED OF PREVIOUS CHARGES

Bertha Jorkins, a ministry official, who had been missing for nearly one year now, had turned up during the third task of the Triwizard Tournament. She was rescued by Harry Potter and Cedric Diggory who were taken to a Death Eater's place via the cup which turned out to be a portkey.

The Ministry has questioned Ms. Jorkins, and now believes that Sirius Black, who was convicted of selling out the Potter family to You-Know-Who and killing Peter Pettigrew along with twelve muggles, was in fact framed. Peter Pettigrew, who is an unregistered animagus, was the real convict, and had faked his own death. Ms. Jorkins gave a testimony under the effects of Veritaserum that Pettigrew is still alive and is now making an army of Death Eaters, Barty Crouch Junior being one of them, who was responsible for all the upheaval at Triwizard Tournament, and has been punished accordingly by nothing less than the Dementor's Kiss. Sirius Black is informed that the Ministry will hold a trial for him on September the fifth, and expects him to turn up. (Contd. Pg 7)

"Finally!" muttered Sirius as they continued their discussion on the upcoming trial.

After they'd eaten their breakfast, Harry extracted out the memories of his first year at Hogwarts and put them in the pensieve.

The group found themselves in the Leaky Cauldron.

The bartender smiled at Hagrid and reached for a glass, saying, "The usual, Hagrid?"

"Can't, Tom, I'm on Hogwarts business," said Hagrid, clapping his great hand on Harry's shoulder and making Harry's knees buckle.

"Good Lord," said the bartender, peering at Harry, "is this — can this be — ?"

The Leaky Cauldron had suddenly gone completely still and silent.

"Bless my soul," whispered the old bartender, "Harry Potter . . . what an honor."

He hurried out from behind the bar, rushed toward Harry and seized his hand, tears in his eyes.

"Welcome back, Mr. Potter, welcome back."

"I didn't know what to say," Harry spoke up. "I had come to know about another world less than twenty four hours ago, and these people were treating me like I was some sort of a hero!"

"But then, you were a hero," Ron said, getting a nudge from Hermione.

"Oh Harry," the girl said. "I can understand."

Harry shook hands with everyone in the bar. One person came over again and again.

"Professor Quirrell!" said Hagrid, pointing to a pale man. "Harry, Professor Quirrell will be one of your teachers at Hogwarts."