“Do you really believe that you will never be able to love me?” he whispered.

“No but I do believe that if I chose to love you then it would be the biggest mistake I would ever make.” I told him truthfully. Rejection crossed his face and I knew that there was nothing left to say. I stepped away from him and headed towards my car. I couldn’t find it through the tears. I heard someone approach me before I found myself embraced by familiar arms.

“Come on lets head home.” He lead me towards what I guessed was his car.

I didn’t pay much attention as we drove but I knew by the time it was taken that we weren’t going back to my house. I also knew that he wouldn’t be taking me to his house, so I guessed he was taking me someone that would hopefully make me feel better.

The road turned into dirt and soon we were covered by trees. About five minutes into the forest looking thing, Tyson pulled the car to a stop and jumped out. I stepped out knowing that if I didn’t follow him I wouldn’t know how long I would have to wait till he got back.

It was a small track that lead up a mountain, I was to lost wondering where we were going that I didn’t notice much else about where we were. After a few moments we reached a small wooden hut hidden beside the lake. He unlocked the door and opened it waiting for me to step in first. Deciding that I was better off inside then I was out I walked in and plonked down on a sofa.

The hut was small, there was a window on each side and a fire place in the corner. It was cute and sweet.

“What is this place?” I croaked out.

“This is my home away from your home away from home, if that makes sense. I found this place the other day and I talked to the owner and he let me buy it off him for barely anything.” He sat down next to me and wrapped a hand around my shoulder. “Now on to better subjects are you going to explain to me why you are crying?”

“If I tell you who made me cry will you beat them up?” I asked hopefully. He chuckled before looking down at me seriously.

“This is about Bentley, I heard him confess his love to you. If it makes you this upset that you left him why did you do it?” he questioned.

“I don’t believe in love.”

“Why not?” I bit my lip not sure if I should tell him the reason why I didn’t believe in love. I mean he sort of knows already, because he was the reason.

It was years ago when I was young and naïve. It started when we both met at our parents dinner……

(Flash Back)

The night air was cool on my bare shoulders, I wanted more then anything to go back inside but I knew that it would be worse in there. There would people asking me about what I wanted to be when I was older, what classes I took at school and whom I was associating with. Didn’t they understand I was a 13 year old girl that wanted nothing more then to have a little fun.