Chapter 1

I woke to the sound of my alarm beeping. I groaned and rolled over to shut it off. It was five o'clock in the morning and I had many things to do. First things first I need to shower. I look at myself in the mirror and lets just say I do not look good I mean I am a seventeen year old girl who is super skinny because I have no time to eat. I take a quick shower and get ready for my morning shift at Starbucks.

              I wave hello to my boss as I walk in and throw my apron on. Almost automatically I have a line of like seven people. This is going to be a long day. After serving three people a young man is next. He looks about my age.

                         "Hello, Welcome to Starbucks. How may I help you?" I say this by memory now.

    "Um...yes can I have a small Vanilla Bean Frappuccino." He answered confused.  I could tell that he had never been in a Starbucks. I gave him a smile and started making his drink. As I finished and handed it back he asked me where the school was. I looked at the time and curse under my breath then quickly explained it was just down the road.  I took off my apron and yelled goodbye to my boss then quickly drove home with the time on the clock being six o'clock.

                      I finally reached home and quietly started to make breakfast. I pulled out the bacon, eggs, and pancake mix. I mixed up the pancakes and made six of them. One for each of the twins, two for me, and I don't know why I make it but two for mom. I fixed up everything else and headed upstairs to wake everyone up. I opened the door to my little brother Jax's room and started to tickle him. He laughed and tried to run away.

                              "If you want me to stop say I am the best sister ever." I explained while continuing to tickle him.

           "Ok Ok your the best sister ever" He laughed.

                                            "But I thought I was the best sister ever." I turned toward the voice and saw that it was none other than my little sister Jesse. She was fake crying and I slowly backed out of the room leaving Jax to try to explain.

"Hey guys get dressed breakfast is ready." I explained and left to go see if mom was going to be productive today. She's not the one who had to explain to three year olds that their father was a bad man and that they were broke so they couldn't go anywhere else. I was glad that my job at Starbucks paid well enough to provide for the twins and my mother.  By then I realized that I was outside my mothers door. I knocked and heard nothing which meant that my mother yet again was staying in bed  all day.

                         I sigh and head downstairs and see that the twins have helped themselves to their pancakes and moms. I was ok with that because she wasn't going to eat them anyways. I was mad now but I wasn't going to show it with the twins around. I quickly ate my food and rushed the kids out the door realizing we were running late.

I had just dropped the kids off at school and cursed under my breath because I had to get across town in a minute if I was to be on time. I knew this wasn't going to happen but I was going to try anyways. I quickly weaved in and out of lanes and as I reached the school saw that I was still five minutes late. I don't know why I try anymore. The important thing was that the twins were on time. They had a lot going for them. I didn't and I knew it.

I sighed as I walked down the hallway to my locker and then to first hour. I mentally groaned because my first hour teacher is Ms. Doug. She is not understanding which is why when I walked this is what I heard...

"Alice so nice of you to decide to come and join us."

"Sorry but my mom is sick and I had work and..." I tried to respond but she just shook her head and so I went to my seat. All day went like this but I didn't get yelled at for being late. I got yelled at for my bad grades. I used to be smart but then everything happened and now I have no time for school. Today was the usual but something weird did happen today. I was sitting in math class,my second class of the day, when my teacher handed me a stack of paper. I was very confused because I didn't know what it was for. My teacher must have noticed that I was confused because he was all like

"Alice I have decided that your grades are not going to work so here is all the work we have done all year."

I got this same lecture all day and now I have a shiz load of homework that they said are due next Friday. Ugh I hate my life.

It was lunch and I was sitting alone when my phone began to ring. I quickly grabbed it and saw it was my brother and sister's school. Why are they calling?

"Hello."

"Hi I am looking for a Alice Johnson."

"This is she"

"Yes well I was calling to inform you that your siblings got into a fight and are now being held in the principals office."

My breath hitched. I couldn't handle this right now.

"I will be up there right away. Just let me sign out of school real quick. Bye" I said real quick and rushed to the office.

-VOTE

-COMMENT

-FOLLOW ME

-ADD THIS STORY

LOVE YOU ALL

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Sep 25, 2016 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Wishing for a Supermanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें