"You're too black to fit in. Everyone in Oakland knows you're more black than me" I threw my head back and laughed even more. I'm so glad I had Riley here, she kept my mind from thinking the worst.

~A.J P.O.V.~

I was just layin in bed lookin up at the ceiling countin the holes in the panels. I think I got to 34 before I heard the door swing open.

"Aj!" I heard Nicole's adorable voice yell

"Aye gurl, get over here n give yo thug some sugar, I be missin you" she came over and gave me such a mesmerizing kiss. I pulled her on top of me and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"I need to ask you something, my Dad just told me something sickening and I need to know if you know anything about it" she said after she pulled her soft lips away from mine. Her eyes looked so dull and sad.

"Alright ask away baby, you know I wouldn't lie to you" I ain't ever lie to her and never would, she was too precious for that bullshit.

"My little cousin Ty was kidnapped earlier, are you involved or is your gang involved with any of this?" She eyed me

"Nicole, the gang ain't touched none of your family. My boss ain't even back and his first priority is to get your Uncle which I am workin on explainin him not to. But I swear, my gang has nothin at all to do it" I'm not lyin, I'm not coverin up for the gang, we ain't got nothin to do with any other gang out here.

"Okay, but if you know anything please tell me" she said

"You know I would if I knew anything. Lay down with me, I'm tired and now I got me my cuddle buddy" I lifted up the covers and she slid right under next to me. "Nicole?"

"Hm" she turned around and faced me. I held her close to my chest and looked down at her.

"I love you" yeah I know she's 15, but I can't help tellin her how I feel about her.
"I love you too" she snuggled up under my neck and fell right to sleep.

~Trey P.O.V.~

"Dad? Where are we going?" I asked. I had to sit in the very very back with Chris and we was driving so far in the hills.

"We are going to this address. We think one of Mom's ex boyfriends might have done it out of spite" he said through clenched teeth.

"But wasn't he pronounced dead at the scene?" Arls asked

"His body was never found so they assumed he was dead. Jamal said he seen him come back and forth to this house out here for the last couple of months or somethin"

"Damn, why didn't we go lookin through the scene at the crash?"

"Cause we rushed to the hospital n they said there was no way anyone could have survived the flames"

"Damn, yo family be crazy man" Chris said

"You don't even know" I sighed. I was hopin Ty was okay, I don't think I would ever be the same if he was killed.

"Is Chewy still trailing behind us?" Dad asked. I turned around and looked out the back window

"Yeah but he's a little bit away." Dad's phone started to ring and Arls answered it. The car came to an abrupt stop.

"Why did we stop Dad?" I watched as Dad got out and walked far out to the side of the road.

"Where's he goin? It's pitch black out, you can't see shit" Chris said. We had our faces pressed against the windows waiting and watching.

"Chewy! Come here now!" Dad yelled. I watched Uncle Chewy go running up to Dad.

"Arls, what's going on?" Chris asked

"I don't know, but stay in the car." He got out and jogged over.

~A Few Minutes Later~

Dad came back in the car looking pissed as ever but I saw the trails he had on his cheeks from the tears that flowed down.

"Trey, call your Mom and tell her we found Ty, but he doesn't look good. He's barely breathing and has a faint pulse." I nearly dropped the phone. "Go call her before she has a heart attack" He said as he sped off down the dirt road.

~Chewy P.O.V.~

I put Ty in the back seat and sped off as fast as I could go down to the hospital.

He was hanging on the fence with a deep gash on the side of his neck. He was black and blue everywhere and where he wasn't bruised he had blood.

He was unconscious and just barely breathing. We wrapped some towels around his neck before we set him in the back seat.

~10 Minutes Later~

"Hello sir- oh my gosh! Doctor! I need an on call Doctor right now!" The nurse yelled. I carried Ty in and out came a series of nurses who put him on a bed and took him down the hall. I sat down and not even a few minutes later Nelle came running in looking scared as ever.

"Chewy! where's my baby!" She cried into my arms. I just held her and she let it all out.

"He's being looked at" I simply said.

"I need to see h-him" she pushed me aside and started to sprint down the hall only to be caught by the nurses and pulled back into the waiting room.

"Nelle you can't go back there yet. I'm sure they'll let us see him in a little while. Where is DeShawn" I asked

"He's at home with Riley and her girls, is he bad?" She looked at me with frightful eyes. I explained to her what we saw and she dropped to the ground and just started bawling.

~Ty P.O.V.~

I was in coma. I already knew. It was painful everywhere. I could barely breathe but I felt a bunch of hands on me, and a mask was put over my mouth. I couldn't see, hear, speak, or smell but I could feel things.

All I really remember is, I was standing out front waiting for Dad and then a car came up and snatched me. They knocked me unconscious and I don't remember from there.

I don't know what the doctors did but I don't feel anything anymore. No more pain no more anything. Did I die? Or was I just numb?