A rush of wind passed through me when I opened the door. Breathing heavily, I looked around. Cars and trucks were abandoned in the middle of the street, but it was quiet. I could only hear the wind. There were a few cars on fire, but no people in sight. The whole street looked as if it had been abandoned years ago. Suddenly, I remembered something. Alyssa! She lived just a few houses down my street. Was she ok?

I started running towards her house. As I came to her front door, I heard screaming.

"Alyssa!" I yelled as I burst into the house. It looked like a tornado had passed through it. Chairs and couches were flipped over, and there was glass everywhere. I was pretty sure that red patch on the floor was blood.

"Alyssa!" I called again.

"Ella?" she shrieked from upstairs.

I heard more groans. Shit! There was more than one! I bit my lip. What did those people in the movies do? Then I had an idea. I bolted into Alyssa's dad's 'man cave' and opened the closet door. A shotgun! I sighed in relief and grabbed it, sprinting upstairs.

"I'm coming!" I reassured her.

She screamed again, and the sound came from her parent's room. I opened the door, and to my horror, there stood three Zombies cornering Alyssa. They all turned to me and I gasped. One of them was Pete! And the other two were Alyssa's parents! Zombie Pete groaned at me, and Alyssa's parents started moving towards me.

Had he just...commanded them to attack me? I didn't even think twice. I aimed the shotgun and shot. One hit Alyssa's father on the forehead, and the other hit her mom. They fell on the ground, and I prayed they didn't come back to life. Next, I aimed at Pete and shot him before he had a chance to move. I wasn't taking any chances. I thanked God that my dad had taken me on those hunting trips when I was younger.

I let out a breath I didn't realize I had been holding and looked at Alyssa. She was looking at me with wet eyes, and her mouth hung open. She suddenly ran to me and hugged me, bursting into tears.

"W-What was that th-thing?" she managed to ask in between sobs. "It-it bit my-my dad! Then he a-attacked my mo-mom," she cried, tears falling rapidly.

"Alyssa...I think that was Pete," I said, letting her go and looking at her.

"But-but Pete is dead!" she insisted, confused.

"I think he was a Zombie," I said, slowly. "I just left Zombie Eric at my house."

She looked at me as if waiting for me to say I was joking.

"You're not kidding, are you?" she asked slowly, looking at the rotting bodies of people we once knew.

I shook my head.

"Come on," I said, grabbing her hand and dragging her outside.

I hugged the shotgun closer to me as I walked over to the first car. I tried to open it, but it was locked. Great. Where the heck was everyone? I passed my hand through my hair, frustrated.

"Ella?" Alyssa whispered.

I turned and looked at her. She looked pretty scared.

"What?" I snapped.

She pointed to somewhere behind me, past the car. I did a three-sixty degree turn and looked down to the end of the street. A mob of Zombies were coming our way. They were all different ages, groaning and slowly moving, limping towards us. I started breathing heavily. I knew these people!

I looked around. They were people I grew up with. Teachers, neighbors, friends. And now they were all dead. I did what my rational brain first thought of, and with the end of the shotgun, I broke the car window to the driver seat. I reached down and opened the door, then did the same to the passenger seat. Alyssa got in, quickly slamming the door shut.

"How are you going to start it? We don't have a key!" she gasped, freaking out.

"Yes we do," I replied back, bending down and grabbing the keys. Whoever owned this car must have dropped them. I jammed the key into the ignition and twisted it. The car roared to life. I fixed the rear view mirror and glanced at myself. I looked like hell. My hair was all over the place and I had scratches all over my face, which had lost all color.

I gave the shotgun to Alyssa. She arched her eyebrows.

"Just take it, Alyssa!"

I really didn't want to argue with her right now. I chanced a peek behind us. Thank God, the Zombies were slow. I started backing up as Alyssa turned the radio on.

"- I repeat: if there are any survivors in the downtown area, please report to the Riverside High School building located-"

Alyssa and I looked at each other. Without a word, I hit the gas pedal and headed to our school.

*****************************************************************************************************

As we approached the school slowly, our eyes wandered up and down the building. Men with shotguns and longbows were walking up and down the roof, patrolling. There were a few rotting bodies around the first steps of the school.

We slowly got out of the car walked to the front door, trying not to step on anything. Alyssa and I started banging on the door, and it quickly swung open.

The mayor stood before us, smiling as if inviting us into a party.

"Welcome, girls, to the Zombie Apocalypse."

You Can't Cuddle With A Zombie (Old Verison)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें