Chapter Twenty Seven

Začít od začátku

So, I grab my phone and call the only number I know for it, the other line is answered soon and I ask what I needed and make sure to make my arrangement. When everything is settled, I hang up, satisfied.

Working just another half an hour, I would be off and I can make my plan work and that is if other elements help me through them.

"Hey, Julia, can you cover me for the next two hours, I have to catch up with something," I know how my sentence is desperate and I try my best to not make it 'you own me' phrase, just because I let her go just yesterday.

"Of course, I've got you," she puts some notes before her.

"Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your help," I have already taken off to the elevator before turning back to her once again, "oh and if there is any meeting needing me for tomorrow or any emergency, and just mail me,"

"Don't worry Laura, I can surely handle that," she lets out a chuckle as she shakes her head at my desperation.

The first thing I know, I'm in the elevator and it takes me right off down, but this is just the start. It's going to be a long night, or so that I hope. Only when I'm at the entrance and looking for a cab to take me to my destination, I realize how much stressed I am. The cab is easily found, unlike any other days when you don't want it to be found. Seems like the day knows its duty already.

Just twenty minutes later, with the heavy traffic of LA, I'm in the elevator soaring to the top floor, the penthouse. According to my calculation, I have three hours and a half to make my plan work perfectly.

I click the buzz and right after, as I was expecting, Pamela comes to the door and opens it for me.

"Hi," I rush inside, trying my best to not trip over my own feet.

"Hello, my dear, everything is ready, come," she gestures me to follow her. Putting my purse on the couch, I get a band and tie my hair into a messy bun, the one that looks like a birds nest was in your head and right after her, I get hot on her heels.

Everywhere is messy, from the neatly white counter that shines all the time and now is colored in green vegetable and red tomato, to the classy electric black stove that is now occupied with pans and all-clad copper core cookware set, each has a containing that Pamela and I spent on it. To be honest though, I believe it's all Pamela's work, all I keep doing to do is to screw up each time, but with the help of her I shouldn't be worried, I guess, and I'm happy that I have her, without her, I would mix things and add things.... In the end, it would result disastrously.

After living almost four years by myself, life must have taught me some listens, but I guess all this time, I have been eating air!

"So all we have left to do is to add the sauce and let it boil," I say as I slightly lean forward to have a look on the boiling contains that I forgot even what it was. All I know is that we are making some Italian style Lasagna, extra sauce with Truffle Polenta as the starter and Chocolate Soufflé Cakes for desert, and a dish of Deviled Crab Boulez with Beurre Blanc just because I know Andrew like seafood, and I don't.

"No, dear," she laughs at me, "you have to put them in this," she put another big non-stick Bakeware pan before me, "and then you put them in between,"

With my confuse look, she laughs again while shaking her head,

"Don't worry, my dear, I'll do it for you,"

At this moment of us being busy, the phone suddenly rings and startles both of us.

"I'll get it for you." Pamela rubs her hand on her apron to clean them.