My First Job... A Royal Ball!?

Several days after I told my parents about the job offer, I set foot in Charles, home to the Jean Pierre headquarters, for the very first time.

The movers might be here soon. I should hurry.

I cut across the airport lobby on quick feet, my heavy rucksack on my back.

I don't know why my mother insisted that I carry so many things with me. Doesn't she understand that carrying my things is exactly what we paid the  movers to do?

My parents had stayed with me at the airport until I had nearly missed my plane. When I remembered walking through the gate, looking back at their smiling faces, I felt a burning behind my eyes. Sniffing back my tears, I hiked my bag up further on my back.

"Here we go!"

Just as I was cheering for myself, a shriek rang out across the airport, drowning out my words completely. I turned in the direction that the voice had come from and was surprised to see a huge crowd.

All I can see are girls. Is there some celebrity or someone in there?

As my feet paused, the shouts grew noticeably louder. At the same time, a flurry of camera flashes went off. Several large men wearing black suits had appeared.

Are those guys... bodyguards? Now that I think about it, the security was especially high at the gate and coming into the airport...

The bodyguards, busy scanning the room for threats, were followed by two slim young men.

Wow, they're so tall. I wonder if they are models? I feel like I've seen their faces somewhere...

"Joshua is so cool!" a girl shouts.

"Keith! Look over here!" another girl yells.

The two men didn't even respond to the girls' cries, looking annoyed as they made their way through the crowd.

"Why did I have to arrive together with another royal?" one of the men complains. "And especially him of all people..."

"Just so you know, I can hear every word you're saying." the other man says. "More importantly, I cannot understand why you are wearing casual clothes on a state visit to a foreign kingdom."

It looks like they're talking about something. Judging from their features, I would guess that they're from different countries, but perhaps they know each other...

After I watched them walk by with their composed air, I suddenly came back to my senses.

What am I doing? This is no time to be lost in thought!

I took my chance to break through the crowd, and hurry toward the exit.

Ugh... What a mess...

I lowered my heavy bag in the abandoned corridor and slumped tiredly.

Everywhere I go is full of guards and cordons. When I finally found an exit, it was so full of people that I couldn't even get through. Are all of the crowds and security because of those two guys l saw before? I'm sure I know them from somewhere, but where? Perhaps they're famous stars from some other country. Argh! Stop it! I can't be getting carried away from silly fancies in a time like this!