Wasteland

There we were, all skin and bones. I watched Timothy limp across towards the old well he had spotted prior to the plane crash. That leg of his was starting to look infected. Puss leaked out from the wound from every step. I know if we don't get him to a doctor, it is going to get worse. 

Hard to believe that there used to be twenty-six of us teens on a plane and now there's only six of us alive left. If I have to group us into stereotypical roles, there is Marcie (the cool kid), Timothy (the nerd), Cass (the leader), Darien ( the douche), Justin (the quiet one) and my boring myself to put it simply. If we weren't lumped together in the desert each of us probably would have never hanged out together in real life.

How did this happen?
You know, to be honest I don't know how it happened. I only remember the plane shaking and the captain desperately urging us to fasten our seat belts before the yellow oxygen masks popped out from the ceiling. I am more concerned about how we are going to survive each other.

In the distance, I can hear Cass and Darien yelling at each other already. Cass is trying to keep Darien from going off on his own, but Darien is not having a word of it. Blows are soon exchanged and Marcie running like the girl next door trying to pry Darien off.

I watch the scene unfold from the distance. Sometimes there are things you just don't butt into.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello my dear readers,

Thank you for stopping by and checking out my work. It really means a lot. If you don't know this already I am trying my hand at writing a full story called "Of Beasts and Roses." Please check it out if you can. It would mean the world to me. I know its been a while since I have last updated here. Lately, I've just been feeling down from college and drawing. Do you ever get into moments where you just don't feel good enough?