Winter Wonderland Wedding

One month passed. Then two. February twenty-first, snow was falling slowly from the sky, swirling down towards the ground in wispy clouds of white. Frost layered the ground, but the white slowly covered it in a light dusting, the powder just beginning to stick as Gabriel pulled the car up to the large building.

"So, are you ready for this, bro?" He asked as he parked the car, flipping on the parking brake and turning in his seat to look me directly in the eyes.

Shrugging slightly, I honestly answered him, "Not really. Then again, I am pretty sure I won't ever be ready for this."

"Oh come on," He laughed, "Why are you even worried? She is your soulmate and there's no reason for you to be getting cold feet now. Other than the weather, I mean. You're in love with Lacey, so why would you even be nervous about this?"

Tossing my head back against the headrest, I groaned, tugging at my hair gently, "I don't know, Gabriel! Isn't it normal to be terrified before your wedding? Especially as you get closer!"

He chuckled again, leaning against the driver side door behind him, "Yeah, I guess you're right. Then again, my wedding never actually happened, now did it?"

I laughed at that, shaking my head and causing my hair to drop on to my forehead in a mound of fluff, "Well, in all technicality, I guess not. Still, you did get married, dude."

Dismissing my logic with the wave of his hand, he rolled his eyes at me, "Yeah, yeah. But getting completely plastered and then getting eloped in Las Vegas isn't really much of a wedding story."

"Hey, you still made Fawn happy," I reminded him, speaking about his three year old daughter.

"Fawn would have been happy if I married you, dumbo. Gracie was the right girl to marry, though," He admitted, hearts flying up to his eyes.

Opening my door with a loud creak, I shook my head at him, "I am getting out of here before you start telling me stories about your last vacation again. I still haven't gotten that image out of my mind."

Forcing open his own door, Gabriel laughed with me, shutting the door and looking at me over the top of his small, grey Prius, "Trust me, I can't get over it either."

Fake gagging, I shook my head again, but my smile ruined the faked disgust, "Just come on. If I am late to my own wedding I'm pretty sure someone will murder me. Only question would be whether it would be Lacey, Asher, or my mom."

Gabe shook his head, slamming into my shoulder to try and knock me off balance as we walked towards the large side-by-side doors, "It would be me, actually. If this wedding doesn't happen how am I supposed to justify the bachelor party I threw for you? Or how am I supposed to get to the open bar?"

Laughing, I nudged him back, holding the door on the left for him as I led him in, "God, you are the most selfish man on the planet, Gabriel James Novak."

Winking at me, he nodded, walking backwards down the long hall that was lined with pictures of previous weddings and things, "That may be true, but it sure is fun."

Rolling my eyes, I warned, "You should probably turn around before you wind up bumping into a poor janitor or someone else."

"Or something!" He called as he spun, barely managing to sidestep an open door before he crashed into it.

Giving me the bird over his shoulder, Gabe muttered curses under his breath, but I just laughed at his typical nature. Soon enough, we reached the door that was marked DRESSING ROOM: MALE.

Flinging the door open, but not allowing it to smack the wall, Gabe stepped inside with a bow and a choked back laugh, "Your chambers, m'lady!"

Dinohzzo slapping the back of his head, his hair fluttering up and then back into place neatly, I walked inside, "This place sure is fancy..."