Chapter 14

Once again she went to the witch with little to no hope. For she wished the dreaded crush be lifted.

Hazel

Finally we have enough money to get to Washington. We send out letters to Amber and Gale. Today we board the plane. "Are you nervous." I ask Michael. "To be frank, yes. You?" Yes! I won't tell him though." No. You'll be fine you big baby." I don't know why I trust him. I guess I just didn't want to be alone anymore. He scowls and punches my shoulder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we arrive at the airport. Security cops check our bags. "Hey I recognize you?!" One of the cops says. "No She's a model." Michael tries to cover for me. "Was I talking to you sonny?" He bites his lip and waits outside the scanners for me so we can move forward. "Aren't you the thief from Dublin?" He asks me. "No I', just a model. You may have seen me on some ads." I improvise. "What adds?" He demands. "Soup adds" I smile at him. The scanners tell me I am clear and I join with Michael so we won't miss our flight.

I hear him talk into his walkie talkie. He glances at me suspiciously before I turn away and walk with Michael. "That was a close one." He says. "Yeah no kidding.Thanks by the way." I try to slow my pulse. My heart was beating so fast back there. "Ha,idiot." I mutter under my breath.

We wait and wait and wait for the plane to arrive. After a while we give up and gets some trail mix. We walk through the tube thing leading to the plane.We sit down in the seats that we are instructed to sit in."If we crash and you live find the girls." Michael instructs me.

When the plane does start to take off,after the lady instructs us to fasten our seat belts,there is a lot of rumbling and shaking of the plane.Plus a high pitched buzzing sound.I Go into my carry on bag and take out my sketchbook. Just then a woman walks up to us. "Would you like anything to drink we have red wine?" She asks.I smile" Yes thank you." she nods and pours me a glass."How about you sir?" He waves her away. "No thanks,I'll pass." She nods and walks to the next seat.

"So what do we do when we get there?" I ask him. "We find the girls,then we find a way to Florida. " He raises an eyebrow as I take a sip. "What?!" I demand. "Nothing its just aren't you 15?" He whispers. "Almost 16, I am also wanted." I whisper back. "So doesn't mean you need to kill your body." He says with a stern look on his face. I shrug.

For what feels like hours we sit in the uncomfortable airplane seats. I am listening to punk rock on my mp3 player,when Michael taps me.I take out one of me ear buds. "HM?" he puts his hand on one side of his face and leans over. "When we get to the airport in New York do you want to sightsee or do you want to go straight to the girls?" He asks me. "Oh wow! Um you decide." I tell him sarcastically. I think I should have only had one glass but I had 2 and I am starting on my third before I start getting motion sick and Michael takes it from me. "Hey!" I kick him under the seat. "You've had enough." He is starting to seem more like a dad than a brother to me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we reach the airport Michael and I grab our bags. We sit down and he says,"Ok so our flight comes in in about 2 hours that means we have 1 hour to get as many places viewed as possible. Where do we want to go first?" He asks me. We are right by the statue of liberty. "Let's go to Ellis Island." I tell him.

The next thing I know we are on a ferry ride to the island.I want to touch the statue so bad but it is blocked off because of damage from a storm.We take as many pictures as we can before our tour is up. "So this is how it feels to be in America?!" I sigh. Its not as good as the people say it is the city is so crowded you can hardly move. Michael nods. He looks though uninterested like he's seen it all before which makes me wonder why he left, if he even was here before.

Before we know we are back at the airport with our passports stamped and flying to Washington state, where we will find the girls and unite us five.