Why so hard

Chapter 4

I stayed at home crying all weekend ignoring my phone, twitter, Facebook, mum and Millie. I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone.

I woke up Monday morning in the pissiest mood. I rolled over and looked at the time. I picked up my phone and turned it on. I had 458 missed calls 116 texts and 10,000 tags on twitter. GREAT!. I read all the texts which took me about 30 minutes. I finally put my phone back down on my bedside table and got up to have a shower. I got out of the shower, dried my hair, did my makeup and got dressed into my daggy school uniform. Once I was finished I walked down stairs to have breakfast. I find Luke and Millie sucking each others faces off on the couch and to my surprise Beau sitting in the kitchen helping himself to some toast.

"Morning Beautiful." Beau says while stuffing his face.

"Morning" I said trying to sound pissed off.

"Baby what's wrong?"

"Don't beau I'm not a baby!"

"Ok sorry I was just concerned."

"Don't be"

"Ok sorry"

"No I'm sorry I'm just not in a good mood" I appolagise to beau for being so rude. I sat down at the table across from beau and grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl and started to eat it. I smiled at beau, him being here did brighten up my day.

"So how was your weekend?" I question to Beau.

"Not good. Jai and I just kept fighting" beau says disappointed. I frown at the thought of them fighting. They are brothers what have I done.

Beau offered to drive me to school and I accepted. Luke and I were bitch fighting in the car and when Beau pulls up out the from of the school Luke jumped out and sprinted for his life. I jumped out and ran after him while blowing a kiss to beau.

"Get back here you little germ your going to regret what you said. I was much faster then Luke so I got to him in seconds.

"Am I?" He questions just before I crash tackle him. At this point we were at the top oval and all the football boys were staring at Luke and I. They started laughing and clapping when they say me crash tackle Luke. Luke and I were wrestling on the field and when I pulled away in laughter as well as Luke. He stood up and put out his had to help me up.

"Thanks Lukey Babe." I said while standing up. I saw the football captain walk towards me. He was every girls dream. Abs, blonde hair, he was smokan. His name is Brendan, he always turns down girls and plays hard to get. All the other boys say he only like one person and he's waiting till she likes him back.

"Heya Phoebes" Brendan say as he gets closer to me.

"Haya Brendo!" I greeted him while I pulled him into a hug. See what I mean no girlfriends.

"We haven't talked in a long time. Want to catch up?" I could tell Brendan was nervous but why he could have any girl.

"Sure when?"

"Umm I was thinking maybe Friday night?"

"Sure thing Brendan" the bell suddenly rang and I said bye to Brendan then rushed off with Luke to homeroom. We walked into home room and I saw a girl I didn't recognize sitting alone near the window. She is so pretty. She has long blonde curly hair that goes just below her shoulder. She had beautiful brown eyes and slight freckles. She was a medium height and skinny. She is stunning.

"Hey Luke who's that?" I question to Luke curiously.

"That's Daniels girlfriend she changed school to be with him." Luke states smiling. I walked over to introduce myself.

"Hey I'm Phoebes Daniels friend." I sat down next to her.

"I'm Jai Daniels girlfriend." She giggled.

The rest of the day tagged along and I got to know Jai a lot. My first girl friend.

It was maths and I had maths with Jai, Daniel and Luke. We sat a four seated table with Jai, Luke, Daniel and I. It was 5 minutes before the bell rung and everyone was quiet so I tried to start a conversation.

"Mine this afternoon?" I question the guys and Jai disrupting them from there trans of 'I have no idea what this means'. When I got a chorus of "yeh sure"

The bell run and the in tire class pored out of the classroom. We all walked home together. Beau and I hand in Hand, Daniel and Jai hand in hand and poor lukey missing his Millie. I was missing Jai though, after what happened I haven't seen him. I miss him so much. We came to my driveway and Luke sprinted to the door which was open. The rest of us just laughed and watch the love crazy boy find his girl. Before I walked inside Beau pulled me back to talk to me.

"Umm what are you do this Friday?" Beau questions. Crap I'm going out with Brendan.

"I'm catching up with Brendan. Why?"

"Oh well are you free Saturday?" Beau asks keenly.

"Yes Beau I'm free would you like to go on a date?" I question trying to cut to the chase.

"I'm supposed to ask you that" Beau whines.

"Then yes I will" I peck his lips and pull him inside where there others are. We sat down and started watching The Hunger Games. I could tell everyone was getting bored and restless.

"Wana play a game of ultimate Dare or Dare?" I question the others. I got a reply of "yeah" and "hell yeah". We all got our lazy asses off the couch and got into beau car. I sat in the passenger seat and in the back was Daniel, Millie, Luke and Jai on Daniels lap. I was about to speak when my iPhone started buzzing in my pocket. I pulled it out and answered it. "Hello?... Yes it is... IS SHE OK?" I felt tears stream down my face. Beau stopped the car and turned to face me the same with everyone else. "What's wrong?" Beau questions while reaching for my free hand. "Ok" I said into the phone before I hung up and dropped the phone. I opened the door and sprinted out of it collapse on the grass next to the footpath in a flood of tears. They all got out of the car and ran over to me where I was hitting the ground and screaming. Beau grabbed onto my shoulders.

"What's wrong?" Beau questions holding me so I couldn't move. I started to sob.

"She's dead" I screamed into his chest.

"Who's dead?"

"Mum" I started crying harder into his chest. Millie fell to her knees and starting cry just as hard as me. Luke embraced her in his arms and held her close as she emotionally died. Millie and I are now parentless. My dad was shot by a robber when he tried to stop a robbery. I was about 3 and I didn't really remember it but I could remember mum not being herself afterwards.

"Phoebe calm down" Beau cut me out of my deep thoughts.

"Where are we going to stay?" Millie questions whipping away her tears trying to control her tears and sobs.

"I don't know" I said while trying to control them myself. "Let's just go home." I said picking myself up and walking back to the car everyone following behind me.