General description

I grew up in the great city Of B.E.I.R.U.T

The capital is 20 km square,Overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.

The weather is moderated: hot and dry summer prevails , moderate spring and autumn , cool and rainy winter . August'Month is the hottest with heat that rate of up to 29 ° C (84 ° F) in average, while  January &February are the coolest , where temperature is  average to 10 ° C (50 ° F) .

The capital is divided into 13 areas:

الأشرفية (Achrafieh)

دار المريسة (Dar El Mreisse)

الباشورة (Bachoura)

المزرعة (Al Mazra'a)

مدور (Al Mudawwar)

ميناء الحصن (Minet El Hosn)

المصيطبة (Al Mussaytbeh)

مرفأ بيروت (Beirut Port)

رأس بيروت (Ras Beirut)

الرميل (Rmeil)

الصيفي (Saifi)

زقاق البلاط (Zoukak El Blatt)

المريسة (El Mreisseh)

المناشى البلد (elmanache elbalad)

الجلاتمة (alglatma)

The first mention of the name of Beirut came the words, "Perrotta" in Tel el-Amarna panels, a Phoenician word meaning wells.

 The Phoenicians  called it "Pierrette", and it was called "Berotos" or "Barytis" or "Birooh" proportion of the goddess.

The city was called "Berytus in Greek literature, this name was adopted in the published effects patrols in the American University of Beirut since 1934.

As for the touristical status:

Beirut got the ninth place in the list of best cities at the magazine " Tourism and leisure"  Statistics(in , where it came in trailing New York and ahead of San Francisco. However, the list of these cities have been developed and voted on before the aggression Israel took on Lebanon in the same year. After that things have returned to normal, the number of tourists returned to rise again significantly. And more recently the "Lonely Planet" tour guide nominate Beirut's as the most vibrant on the surface of the earth for the year 2009.