Chapter 22

"Hey there kiddo!" the sheriff greeted him "What are you up to?"

"Oh hi dad, you know; the usual. Super natural stuff; big bugs. Nothing interesting" he said sarcastically.

"Son, I don't want you taking unnecessary risks; you're fragile compared to the others so let them do the dirty work okay? I wouldn't like to see you in a hospital room again" the sheriff said with evident worry.

"I know dad. Don't worry, I'll be extra careful" he smiled to his father.

They ate dinner and Stiles sent Derek a message and after that he headed to his room to get some sleep.

The next day he put more pieces together on his board and kept analyzing things searching for a possible weakness of this creature. However he didn't get anything and was about time to meet with the others so he hopped on his jeep and drove.

He was the first to arrive. Then appeared Scott and Isaac, after them Lydia and Parrish, then Jackson and finally Liam and Mason. They got inside but just Stiles, Liam and Mason were outside still waiting for Derek. After five minutes he arrived.

"What is he doing here?" Derek questioned Liam looking upset.

"He's my best friend okay? And if this thing is targeting for us and our friends he has the right to know" Liam responded with a confident tone.

"Man! Is this the other alpha you told me about? Damn he looks rude! And hot, absolutely hot. Now that's what I'm talking about" said Mason sassily eyeing Derek from head to toe earning a deadly glare from Derek.

"Hey! Back off dude! He's taken" said Stiles narrowing his eyes and slightly leaning forward. "Still think I'm overreacting with the collar and leash thing?" he turned to face Derek whose expression softened a bit while rolling his eyes but still seemed pretty mad.

"Collar and leash?" asked Scott coming out of nowhere. "He'll do it if you give him a motive you know. On one of my firsts full moons he chained me in my room and gave me water on a dog plate with my name on it" he complained.

"Trust me, if he does something like that I'll rip his throat off with my teeth" Derek said annoyed.

"Uh that's hot, do all werewolves do that?" Mason asked excited to no one in particular, everyone but Stiles stared at him dumbfounded.

"So you're the one he got that from" Derek said gritting his teeth.

"Okay. You grumpy dude, you bad influence, you jealous guy and you trouble bringer... just get inside and let's get this over with" Scott said pointing from Derek, then Mason, then Stiles, to Liam.

"So that's Derek. Now I see why you became gay all of a sudden. I'm sorry, I didn't know he was your boyfriend" Mason whispered in Stiles' ear. The senior boy widened his eyes knowing that Derek also heard.

"Stiles! Ahead of me. NOW!" Derek growled. Stiles stared madly at Mason who tried to hide his head between his shoulders.

"Nice going Mason. Now they'll throw you as a human sacrifice for this creature" Liam joked "They're not boyfriends. Just keep it quiet okay?" he advised and Mason just nodded.

A few seconds later they all entered Chris Argent arrived.

"Great, everyone's here so let's begin" said Jackson "What are we fighting?"

"Arachne" said Stiles and everyone seemed confused.

"Arachne? Like the cursed weaver? I thought it was only a fairy tale!" Said Chris baffled "Are you sure? I mean, you're talking about very ancient and powerful stuff here Stiles, in case it turns to be real."