The outstretched hand was for his mother and so far this man had been highly well mannered. He was skeptical; this man had to be putting on a front because ways his mother acted around him, there had to be more to this man than he was letting off. His mother didn't shine enough light on the situation during their conversation, but people called him, "the devil," and the devil was a horrid nasty demon that made it his life missions destroy god's creation. This man was the devil? He acted and looked far from it.

They called him the devil, this man, Harry; his appearance wasn't as culture portrayed Satan, a scary-looking, goat. His outfit didn't consist of a cape or a pitchfork. Only a crisp white tee shirt, black jeans, and scuffed up black boots. Hair neatly curled, like waves flowing softly, falling over his shoulder. Though he kept a fedora on his head, Louis could still see enough to admire. Louis felt slightly guilty for having such an attraction to a man, a sin his father stood strong against. But what made him "the devil," bad street reputation? Louis couldn't understand and everything seemed to hurt when he tried to focus on one particular question.

"I will not let you take him, I refuse to believe my god would allow such a thing. I damn you to hell!" She shouted embittered. Louis flinched slightly at her tone, only to trigger pain on his sides.

"Move Johanna," Harry demanded, "I've come to collect what's mine. I don't think you want to get in my way. I'm a very...hot headed man when my plans are conflicted with."

"I wont let you, he's my son. I raised him and watched him grow for 16 years. I refuse to let anything take him away from me." She cowered, but still went against the wishes of the man, holding Louis  closer. Her son who wanted nothing more than to squeeze out and let her know he was still here.

The other man didn't seem phased, nor moved by Johanna's short speech. Instead it seemed to make him angrier that she dared to even try reasoning with him. He wasn't one to go back on his word. "I will kill you where you stand without a thought and your effort will have been in vain." He warned, voice cold.

"I will not, I will never be a follower to the words from the tongue of yours." Johanna replied back. She looked down into Louis' eyes and he could see just how torn she was. Her eyes we're blotchy, streaks and streaks of tears falling from her eyes. "Just go, please. Let me have him." She cried looking back up to Harry, her armor was cracked and she could no longer hold up her brave front.

"Johanna, don't get too bold. You're honestly testing my patience." Harry warned, his face turned stone cold. "You know that fire at the church they're so desperately trying to put out right about now? I heard they're also trying to find the pastor who likes to stay there late hours. He's stuck, and there's only limited oxygen. Now, who do you think that poor soul is?" Harry raised an eyebrow waiting for an answer. Nothing, so he continued.

"I could snap my fingers and the building would collapse, just like that. It's that easy. You don't want two tragedies in one day?" Harry asked.

Louis watch his mom look defeated. "Please," was all she could utter out, a simple word that held so much emotion.

"Please," Harry repeated, like he was trying the word out for the first time. "I like it when they beg, just makes the game ten times the fun." He laughed at Johanna's weakness and clicked his tongue.

"You can take anything else from me, just leave me family alone." Louis' heart ached at seeing his mother so broken. Knowing his father was possibly fighting for his like. And their church was destroyed. All because he was born.

"I...I-I'll-I-I'll go." Louis stuttered out breathing heavy at the amount of energy it took out of hjn and the burning in his lungs making it harder to breath.