Show Some Hospitality

Derek doesn't like to stay still. At all actually. He needs to move or to be done something that doesn't involve, well... sitting on a ripped beaten up couch while a boy wraps your hands and legs with a twenty pound chain in hopes of him not killing anyone.

But Stiles just wants to live another day.

Stiles just hoped the chain weren't hurting Derek for some apparent reason. Not that he really cares about the wolfs life.

A growl formed in the back of Derek's throat when Stiles clasped the final lock onto the chain around his wrists. A slip up of an apology escaped the younger boys mouth trying to smooth out the now red area of the wolfs wrists.

"Was this really necessary?" Derek gestured to the chains around in ankles, they were much heavier than the chains around his feet. Stiles nodded smiling.

"I don't need you to hulk smash my head into a wall big guy" The younger boy replied getting up to the kitchen. Stiles than searched through the wooden cabinets taking a blue rag that looked to have never been used in any cooking but had oil and grease stains drenched over the rag. Derek knew it was used for the old jeep Stiles drives everywhere.

"Question" Derek glared at the towel in Stiles right hand. "What are you thinking of doing with that?"

"Well" Stiles stated crouching down, he started to cover Derek's eyes with the rag making the warewolf slightly panic. "I read on an animal behavior and capturing page, a segment from the article read 'wild animals when in a constricted position..."

"The thing is Stiles, I'm not a wild animal. I'm going to form into a crazy rabid alpha who is most likely going to break through you fifty pound chains" Derek cut Stiles off with a 'matter of fact dumb ass' tone.

Stiles rolled his eyes beginning again. "Wild OR rabid animals in a constricted position need something that reminds them of sleep to calm their senses, and to click on that sense you need to blind fold them" Once he finished the knot Stiles stepped back admiring his work he had finished, three years of Bear Cub Scouts did the trick to tie knots.

"Or maybe so the animal won't see you and kill you, but that works too" Derek was now emotionless, if he tried maybe he could control it. Not that it's impossible.

"Don't be such a Sourwolf" The word 'Sourwolf' made the older mans blood boil at the nick name Stiles has given him.

"You really want to test these chains?"

"You really want to test my patients?" Stiles shot right back. Derek didn't reply after that, just sighed thinking how the hell did I get stuck with this smart ass of a kid?

Twenty minutes went by and that's when things started to change quickly and drastically. Pain was shooting all over Derek's body making his whimper and growl, wanting to scare what ever is making his act weird away some how. Stiles stared to worry, the whines and the whimpers grew louder and louder till they became snarls and howls. He was going rabid and Stiles could do nothing about it except to read on 'What to do with a rabid wolf'
This article stated to talk to the animal, to ease it. Experiencing something this traumatizing makes the pack animal want the pack to comfort it during this time. To reassure. Now, Stiles wasn't just going up the the alpha and give him a big hug, that's a last resort kind of thing, but he would talk to Derek if it meant comfort.

"You're alright Derek" was the only sentence young stiles could form, the boy didn't really know how to approach this situation. Derek has always hated him and Stiles doesn't think he's really helping. It doesn't hurt to try.

Than again, it doesn't hurt to shut the hell up either.

"I uh, know this poem. It's kind of... I guess girly but it's cute. Not that I think it's cute, it's normal. Yeah" ADHD was getting the best of Stiles, he can't focus half the time and at this moment, he needed all the focus he could manage in hopes of his throat staying where it should be and not is someone's teeth. "Love seems so far away when I'm in a crowd. But for when I'm with you, it screams so loud" Stiles finished the poem.

Derek seemed to relax the more Stiles kept up, speaking poems and almost just talking to himself. Not that Derek really understood what he was saying half the time, but it was comfort for the wolf.

"You know a really good song you should listen to? Use Somebody. Pretty awesome song if you ask me. To me it's about a person who's alone and needs a certain person for them to just hang on to. To hold and know they won't leave, also for some weird reason it reminds me of the city, all the lights on top of the tall buildings, filled with people. Yeah, I've never been to the city, you lived in New York. Sounds fun if you take out all the drugs and stuff." From than on Stiles kept rambling on about drugs than got to the topic of Lydia, the girl he has had a crush on for who knows how long.

Lydia was the girl of Stiles dream, the forbidden fruit. She's the forbidden fruit because he can't get her for shit and is one of the biggest losers. Lydia would never go for him, but a boy could only wish really, for a girl like that. Seen as perfect when Styles is very far from perfect.

"Yeah dude, I'm so far in the friend zone. It's like a bubble formed around her, only I can't get to her and everyone else can. I messed up with her. Actually that also reminds me of another song. That's how you know. It has the F word, not that I give a shit about it. See I just cussed, I'm not really innocent. Still a virgin though." Why even bother going on about this conversation. It just goes all over the place.

Derek was still rabid but calm if that's possible.

Yeah, no. Still rabid as hell.