V

5.

"Don't let your struggle become your identity."

Wednesday, August 5, 2015
August Alsina.

It was now, three days later from me and Justine's church experience. And, every day, Justine has texted me, thanking me for bringing her to church. It's awesome that I was able to help her, by taking her to church.

I live shit to talk about it, and show other people that anything is possible. When I was at one of my lowest points, I ended up homeless but I still felt rich because I knew what I possessed. I'm glad that, even through Justine's pain and sorrow, she can permanently escape it due to the power of prayer. Pretending to be happy when you're in pain, is one thing. But actually being happy when you're in pain is just an example of how strong you are as a person. And, Justine was very strong. I admired that.

I was currently in the tattoo shop, just waiting on my last customer to come in. The only one who was out here in the waiting room with me was Solana, and Kehlani who was blasting Chris Brown's "Liquor". She had that shit on repeat for about a half an hour.

Receiving a call on my phone, it was her. I smiled brightly, before answering it.

"Helluh'?" I answered.

"Hey, August. Um, you wanna come with me to the park or something? Or are you busy?"

"Well, I got my last customer in about thirty minutes. Can we go in, like, an hour?"

"Yeah, that's fine. I'll see you later,"

"A'ight, bring some food, guh'.

"I'on know about all that," she laughed.

"Please, I'm hungry as fuck."

"Okay, I'll see what I can do,"

"Aight, see ya' later."

"Bye."

Hanging up, Solana began clapping. "Okay, I see you macking over there. That is Justine though, right?"

I laughed. "Yeh',"

"Mhm, better be. Don't play my girl, Aug." Kehlani said.

"Trust me, I won't. She real special, man."

"That, she is." Kehlani nodded.

"So, you really like her?" Solana asked.

"I do, fa'real. But, she playin' hard to get or maybe she is hard to get, I'on fuckin' know. But, I'm addicted and it's kinda' scarin' me," I laughed. "I barely know all of her, but I look at her as a blessin', you know? My blessin' from God in human-form. I look at her like that. All her flaws, her beauty, her happiness, her sassiness is a blessing, her in general; is a blessing to me. And, I'm grateful, man. Fa'really tho',"

"Awwwwwwwww," Solana and Kehlani cooed. "That's so cute!"

"How are you and Justine relationship goals for me, and y'all ain't even in a relationship yet?" Kehlani asked.

I laughed and shrugged.

*

After I did my last tattoo of the day, I went to go meet Justine at the park. The park. Justine got me doing shit I would never ever do with no other girl. It amazed me, really.