"I know more about you than you think. Your brother has told us some things. And if they ask questions I can answer them right?" Ash told him.

"I suppose..." Paul was quiet for a few moments.

"Paul?" Ash asked. He put his hand on his shoulder. Paul tensed but didn't remove his hand. "I don't mind helping you, I just need to know you want it."

"I-I don't know what I want." Paul said.

Ash looked sympathetically at his rival and before Paul knew what happened, Ash turned him around and gave him a hug. Paul completely tensed at first but after a moment, relaxed. He couldn't believe he was doing this, but Paul wrapped his arms around Ash's lithe body and closed his eyes. He hadn't felt this close a person in years. He sighed. He was about to say he would take Ash's help when the door suddenly opened. Paul and Ash broke away from each other instantly, blushes covering their faces as Paul's parents and Reggie (with Pikachu in his shoulder) entered.

"Aw, aren't you two just so cute!" His mother said.

Paul's dad chuckled while Reggie looked at Paul who slightly nodded.

"Why didn't you tell us you had a boyfriend? And such a cute one at that?" His mother asked. Ash instantly flushed and Paul had to chuckle at his expression.

"Yes Paul, why didn't you tell us?" His father inquired.

Ash looked at Paul who was struggling to come up with an answer. "We've only been dating for only a couple of months and we didn't want to tell many people if it didn't seem like it a was going to work. After all, we're not just boyfriends, we're rivals too. We're both entering the Sinnoh League in two months and we both really want to win." Ash answered for him.

"Well that's interesting. So that's how you two met? By your training?" His mother asked.

Paul smirked being able to answer this question easily. "We met the very first day Ash came to Sinnoh. He-" His mother cut him off.

"First day in Sinnoh?" She questioned.

Ash nodded. "I'm from Pallet Town in the Kanto region."

"Pallet Town; isn't that where the famous Professor Oak lives?" His father asked.

"Yes sir. I actually got my Pikachu from him."

Paul's dad was obviously impressed with the manners. "So you've met him personally then, very cool."

"Well actually, I know him personally. My grandfather is his best friend, my dad is his son's best friend, and his grandson, Gary Oak, is my best friend and my very first rival. I've known Professor Oak my whole life." Ash explained.

'I didn't even know that.' Paul thought. "Wow, that's amazing. I bet you learned a lot from him." Paul's mother said.

"Yes m'am. He was a very good teacher. His teaching is what got me interested in Pokémon in the first place."

"Very cool." His father said. He turned to Paul. "Sorry son, you were saying?"

"Oh, uh, Ash and I had a battle that very first day and we got a draw. I was very interested in him since that moment and then we've met up periodically over the past year and a half so we just," He looked at Ash. "Ya know."

"Aw, so sweet." His mom said. "I'm glad you've found someone to understand you Paul." The trainer nodded.

"I don't think we've introduced ourselves." Paul's dad told Ash. "I'm Steve and this is Laura." He said holding out his hand for Ash to shake.

"Oh, it's very nice to meet you." Ash said happily, taking his hand and shaking it. He then shook Laura's hand.

"I'm impressed Paul. You got a very nice young man here. Very nice manners." Steve said. Ash lightly blushed and Paul smirked. 'This could be fun after all.' He thought.