chapter 6

I didnt really know what to say, so I just stared down at my hands and thought for a moment. "you know," Dani started as she put her hand on my shoulder, "I think Amber would really like you." I smiled a little bit, "really?" she nodded, "yeah. and please believe me when I say, I do like you Cody. but I just couldnt do that to Jacob"

"I know what you mean. and Im sorry too. if I wouldve known you had a boyfriend, I never would have lead you on like that." "dont be sorry. I honestly dont think I could survive witout you, so we can still be best friends, right?" I chuckled, and held out my fist for a playful knuckle touch, "best friends" "so just dinner tonight?" I grinned, nodding.

I stood up and held my hand out to pull her off the couch. before we left to go eat, she pulled me towards her and kissed my cheek sweetly. A little dazed, I lead her out to the car where Shawn and Alli were waiting. When we got got to the restaurent, Shawn pulled me aside, talking quietly,

"obviously you have a little more free time than I expected. so I guess you can visit the hospital whenever you can. okay?" wow this is going perfectly! "yes! thank you so much!" I turned to go to the table but he stopped me for a little longer, "just please be careful of media...and fans. I wouldnt want any more trouble for the Reynolds" I nodded with a serious face and we walked back to Alli and Dani.

~~~ In the middle of our dinner, I noticed a few paparazzi gathered around at the entrance clearly looking for someone to violate. I silently kicked Shawn under the table and he looked up at me, "ow! what??" I cocked my head towards the door and his eyes grew wide, "um" he whispered to me, "youre fine. you two are just here as friends. just be careful and dont do anything that they could make a story out of"

I nodded and Dani furrowed her eyebrows at me, "whats wrong?" I glanced to the side and whispered, "paparazzi" she looked over my shoulder and gasped, "oh! do we have to leave?" "no. its okay. they cant bother us in here." I could tell they saw me, because there was a loud rustle of shoes, and a few brighht flashes before the employees shooed them out. I knew they would be waiting for us when we left.

We finished up our dinner and headed out of the restaurent; Alli between Dani and I to prevent drama. Still, they bombarded us with pictures and questions, most aimed toward Dani. We picked up our speed until we maade it to the car. Alli took the front seat, so I rolled my eyes and opened the back door, letting Dani go first out of habit. big mitake. They surrounded me even closer, and I squinted at the camera flashes as I jumped in the car.

"Im so sorry Dani! that was a huge mess" She quickly fixed her hair that had been blown around from running, "no its okay! I had a great time anyway" she continued, "I just hope those pictures dont get taken the wrong way. and you know- get me in some boyfriend trouble" I looked down, "um. trust me they will, but Ill clear it up dont worry"

~~~~

The next day, I was with Alli in our hotel room when there was a knock at the door. I sighed and slide my phone in my pocket to go and answer it. In the hallway stood Shawn, holding up a magazine with me and Dani on the cover. I was holding the door open for her as she climbed in the car, and we both were looking into the camera. Though it was ony a little after two in the afternoon, the pictures had already spread across the internet and nearly every magazine like wildfire.

The headline read;

'CODY SIMPSON'S NEW GIRL? see all the exclusive photos from this cute new couple's first date!'

I didnt realize my personal life could be such a big deal to everyone.

"we gotta do something about this." Shawn stated as he flipped through the pages to one covered in us. Some of us just eating, a few laughing and smiling at eachother, and finally our exit. I nodded my head, "I know...dang. this couldve been avoided, too!" I smacked my forehead. Shawn shook his head, "no man, you shouldnt have to change for anyone. especially the media" He had a really good point.