Chapter 2 - She's On The Hunt

Start from the beginning

Smirking at his back because I knew why Saxon had purposely left his food over there, and my suspicion was confirmed when he stole Brody’s seat alongside me and sat his plate of food down and handed me my drink.

Vance was sitting at the empty table next to us, eating slowly and quietly while staring out the window. He really was weird at times. I nudged Saxon with my elbow and he looked down at me with a frown as he nudged me back, rolling my eyes at him I nodded at Vance.

‘What’s with Mr Hulk suddenly being all silent?’ I asked because it was a little weird.

Saxon smiled slightly, ‘Thought you wanted to use your mouth to talk?’ I glared up at him, causing him to chuckle quietly before he looked over at Vance himself and shrugged, ‘He has his moments.’

The sound of a chair scraping roughly across the floor had my head snapping over towards Vance’s table as I watched Brody grumpily sit down across from him and start to angrily eat his food. Harper and Chris had both bet him back to my table and they were laughing at the big sour puss right now – I was too though.

“Naw, did Brody lose his seat to the big bad Alpha?” Chris cooed, pouting mockingly as he struggled to contain his laughter.

“Shut it Chris!” Brody snapped, not even bothering to look at us which only made us three laugh more. I had to leave my food alone just to hold my stomach as tears were rolling down my eyes, he was going so overboard with this right now but it was plain hilarious for us.

“What do you thinks going to happen?” I asked between laughter.

“He thinks you might get pregnant by holding hands!” Harper erupted.

“Or cooties, don't forget cooties,” I gasped again as we all watched Brody’s face getting redder and redder by each comment that came out of our mouths.

“Naw, look everyone, Brody is blushing,” Chris cooed again teasingly and Brody must have had enough because he slammed his fists down on the table, causing the other customers to scream in shock and for us to quieten our laughing down...a little.

“Alright, you three back off now,” Saxon muttered, looking at each of us in turns until his eyes landed on me and I smirked widely.

“Are you defending him now, oooh,” I teased which earned me a low growl of annoyance.

“I just want you all to shut up and eat so we can leave already,” he half snapped in a hushed tone.

We all fell silent and Brody grunted something before picking up his knife and fork and cutting into his steak again. I sneaked a peek across at Harper and Chris while I was biting my bottom lip and it almost caused me to roar into laughter because Harper’s entire body was shaking so hard that you would think he was sitting in a freezer and his face was bright red from holding his laughter inside.

Chris let a snicker escape and Saxon growled, “Damn children.”

My head dropped to the table, narrowly missing my plate of food as I couldn’t hold back my laughter anymore, followed by Harper and Chris. I'm not sure why we all found it so hilarious but we just did. I mean, Brody loses his crap all the time but I guess since he’s usually in wolf form – we miss out on his facials, which make all the difference.

“Everyone finished eating now?” Harper asked quietly, looking over at Vance and Brody who both nodded. My eyes drifted over towards the sour looking lady standing behind the counter, it was like she almost knew what was about to happen but wasn’t quite sure.

She's On The Hunt - (Book 2 of SOOTB's)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara