By the end of my story Julie was in tears. "How could people be so cruel?" She asked as she wiped her tears.

"I don't know." I say answering her.

"And Conner doesn't know about any of this?" She asked in disbelief.

"Nope only you and Nana know and if you don't mind I'd like to keep it that way." I nearly begged.

"You're secrets safe with me. But I do think you should tell him because he's really beating himself up about this entire thing.  He thinks the nightmares are from the incident alone. Maybe if he had some insight on it he wouldn't feel as bad."

"Yeah maybe you're right. I don't want him feeling guilty about something that was out of his control." I say feeling even worse than I already did.

"Yeah, but onto a brighter topic. What do you want to do today?" She said with a sunny smile.

Man her mood swings are making me dizzy. One minutes she a bucket of tears then the next she's a bottle of sunshine. It's hard to keep up sometimes.

"We could go to the mall."

"Ugh I really don't feel like trying to squeeze into anything."

"Hmmm how about baby shopping." I ask to brighten her mood.

"Sure sounds like fun. It'll only take me a few minutes to get ready." She said before getting out of her seat and waddling towards her room.

After cleaning off the table and washing the dishes, I walked up to my room to get dressed.

Since I really didn't feel like dressing up, I threw on my white button down shirt and some turquoise shorts with some brown sandals. I took down my messy bun and was pleased to see some loose curls still there. After putting on some eyeliner and lip balm I was ready to go.

"Abby I'm ready." I heard Julie say from downstairs.

"Okay, here I come."

I give myself a once over in the mirror , grab my purse and phone, and head downstairs.

....

"Do you like these?" I ask while holding up some cute tiny bows.

"They're adorable! Where did you get them from?" She said with excitement.

"They're right beside the bibs. Come on I'll show you."

"See, they even have orange." I say while them up.

"They're so cute. I don't know which color to get."

"Them get one in every color. It's my treat."

"I can't let you pay for all this ." Julie says while gesturing toward the basket filled with baby clothes.

"Just think of it as a late baby shower gift then. Plus you can repay me by sending me pics of the baby . So we're even."

"Fine but I'm paying next time."

And with a hand on her hip she wheeled her basket towards the checkout.

When got to the checkout, we were greeted by a male cashier.
"Good afternoon Luna, did you find everything thing to your liking?"

"Yes I did and you can just call me Abigail."

"Sorry but no can do Luna . Alpha Conner made it clear that we are to treat you with the upmost respect."

"Okayyy alright then."

And as I was about to pull out the credit card that Conner had gotten, the boy stopped me mid air.