New Atmosphere

Začít od začátku

"So you're new here..." She said. "Well, yeah. I'm sorry if I'm kind of hard to please now. I've had a terrible day yesterday which makes me not trust everyone here a 100%". I apologized to her. "Oh, no it's okay. I completely understand. How are you?" She said pleasingly.

"I'm fine. My wounds and bruises haven't mended completely. I have an injured leg." I said as I sat in one of the bean chairs. It was comfortable and cozy. "Oh, I'm sorry about that." She said softly.

"It's alright."

"So, we have the same schedule. I noticed yesterday. I um... I'm not much of those people who are popular in school. I'm actually a bookworm, though I'm friendly." She smiled at me. "I'm don't talk much when you get to know me first. Though, I talk a lot once we get along with each other more." I said.

Me and Courtney walked to class together. We also walked with each other on our way home. Her grandparents live on the same street me and Katy do except her house was a couple of blocks away from mine.

"Me and my siblings live with our grandparents. My parents are usually busy. They're either out of town or out of the country."

"Oh." I said as there was an awkward silence between us as we walked down the street going home.

"How about you? Can you tell me some things about yourself? Your life?" She asked. I didn't know what to say. I was speechless. I wasn't ready to answer the question. I needed to tell Katy that I met someone in school. I wasn't quite sure whether I should tell Courtney about me. All the things that happened. I wasn't sure as well if I can trust her, though based on today, she seems really trustworthy and I can go alonh with her really well. We have a couple of similarities between each other but I still need time to get to know her even more better.

"Can I tell you tomorrow? I know that's pretty awkward." I said as I was embarrassed. "No, it's fine. Take your time. Besides, I think I was overtaking too much on talking to you." She said.

"I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow. It was great getting to know you, Courtney!" I waved goodbye to her as I stood in front of our house. "Mmkay, bye Hally. See you tomorrow." She said then left.

I went inside the house as I had a spare key. Katy gave me one since I would be going home earlier than her. I dropped my things off in the house and left them. I decided not to call Katy because I might disturb her. She's been busy and she's working in her third album. I know she wants it to be perfect. Today was a pretty great day. It was better than yesterday. I was right about trying and not losing hope.

Katy's Point of View

I was still in the studio working on my third album. I glanced on my watch and it was already 5:30pm. I needed to go home and make dinner. Hally will be waiting for me.

"Hey Tam, I need to go. I'll see you tomorrow. Take care, bye." I said to Tamra. "Bye, Katy. Take care." She said.

I walked out of the studio and searched for my car keys inside my bag. I opened the car and put my bag and laptop inside. I drove off and headed home. I finally arrive after a few minutes. I parked the car and opened the front door. The house was dark though I saw Hally's things in the couch.

"Babes! Are you here? I'm home?" I shouted loudly. There was no reply in return. I began to worry. I was afraid that she was missing. I went out of the house and walked down the street and began searching for her. I dialled her number but she didn't pick up the call.

I went to the park hoping to see her there.

Excuse me, are you Hally Wilson?" I asked.

"Katy?" I heard the person reply. It was Hally. She came over and hugged me tight. I went over and sat on the bench with her.