19::Hannah One of a Kind

Začít od začátku

With that he walked away.

Many minutes later I took a deep breath to try and calm the anxiety rising, but I couldn't. I was too nervous. I'm dealing with this on my own now, seeing as my amigo has disappeared off the face of the earth. I was unsure of whether I should look for him now. He knows his way back, and I know he wouldn't take off like that. What was he doing? Did...did he leave me?

I shook my head and stood still, hoping that the sound of the ocean and the birds chirping above would help calm me. But they didn't. I felt my stomach get sick with every minute as I thought of  Andrew and how much was at stake. What if I screwed up? I mean, Jerardo thought the plan would work, but will Andrew think that?

It's his fault for not being here, I reminded myself.

I started to pace, which is what I seem to do unconsciously when I'm nervous. I suddenly wanted to back out. Wait for him to get here so we can talk about it. If this fails, we're done. Whether it be at the hands of natural causes, Crazy Lady, or the goons. The more I paced, the more my blood began to quicken and my thoughts were crowded. I couldn't think, I couldn't speak. I had stopped moving and dropped to my knees, trying to catch my quickened breaths.

My stomach was clenched, and i couldn't decided if I wanted to puke or pass out. Doesn't matter, I thought, either option would help. The sand turned from a light shade of flesh colored to a bright green, making me dizzy and nauseous as I tried to calm myself down.

When was the last time I ate? When was the last time I drank? When was the last time I took care of myself? I'm fine, I tried to convince myself. Worry about getting off the island and finding Andrew, I'm fine. I convinced myself that I had some water recently, and brushed it off. I don't have time to worry about this, I need to get off this island and see my family and friends. See junk food again, my dog Daisy and make her poop on Eric and Tara's bed. So much to do, and yet time seemed to be running out.

At least for me, it did.

I felt like I was on a roller coaster. That moment when you drop down and your stomach sinks and you scream loudly in excitement. Only worse, in my case. My brain felt like it was going to swap places with my bladder, because I felt a sudden pressure and knew a migraine was coming. What's going on? Why am I suddenly feeling like this?

"Hannah!" A voice shouted.

I barely paid attention. It felt like a ocean was roaring in my ears, and my vision was bright and vividly blinding, making me shut my eyes to prevent the migraine from getting worse. I wanted to cry so badly, but I refused. I don't want to be week anymore. I'm fine. I'm fine!

"Hannah, calm down!" The voice shouted, and I felt tingles on my back, as if I had pins and needles there. It moved in a circle, a repeating cycle and I realized someone was rubbing my back. I heard some mumbling in my ears, before I was embraced by a big muscular body. In my state, I had a hard time determining who it was, but as soon I heard something that sounded remotely like the word "banana" I knew it was Andrew.

"Calm down, please," I managed to hear him say.

But I couldn't. My breath quickened and I was soon panting. My nausea was ten times worse now, and I was starting to panic. What's happening? I felt his arms wrap tightly around my small and frail body, and I hid under them. He felt like my only source of safety and protection. I could do anything with him. He and i were a team.

I buried my face in his chest, clutching his shirt in bundles in my fist and wrapping my legs around his back tightly. He and I were now one, and as he whispered soothing things into my ear and played with my hair, the less I had the implication to puke and pass out.