Ch-27 | rain and lake

Beginne am Anfang

He took his hands away from my eyes and sat beside me. The table was in the shape of 'U' so three people could sit next to each other.

The window was just behind us. It was still raining cats and dogs outside. "Hey" he shoot me a cute smile and asked, "What plans do you have for today?"

"Nothing.. for now butterbeer and vibin' with the rain" I replied while taking the earbuds from my ears and turned the music off.

He hummed and stayed quite without saying anything else. I enjoyed the silence with just the rain's beats.

I looked out the window looking at the mountains around the village. Pretty.

Draco's POV

Pretty. That's what she was. Her eyes were bright and it looked lighter than it's actual dark brown colour because of the light passing through the
window.

My heart skipped a beat when her eyes met mine. I took the butterbeer, which arrived a few minutes ago, in my hand and cleared my throat.

"Y-you like rain?" I stuttered. She nodded and answered, "Only until I don't get drenched by it."

I chuckled and took another sip of my butterbeer. When I looked back at her, I saw her lips form a small smile before she looked away while taking a sip of her drink.

"What?" I asked. "Nothing" she shrugged. "Tell me. What is it?"

Nora's POV

"You look less of a jerk when you smile, try doing that more often" I said. He smiled and I could've sowrn I saw his cheeks turn pink. "Was that supposed to be a complement?" He smirked. "Yes. Didn't sound like one?"

He shook his head.

I chuckled and drank the remaining butterbeer in my glass. "Wanna go for a walk?" Draco asked. "Sure" I grinned. I grabbed a toffee from the bag of chocolates I bought and put it in my mouth.

He drank the rest of the butterbeer and stood up. I grabbed my stuff and walked to the door. Before I could open my purse Draco paid for the drinks. "I could've paid"

"Well, you should've been faster" he smirked. I rolled my eyes and walked out with him.

It wasn't raining anymore. We walked together on the side walk and Draco took hold of my hand and asked me to follow him. "Where are you going?"

"Come see for yourself," a smile touched his lips and I mumbled an okay to what he said.

After we crossed the road he led me to a pathway which was kinda deserted and it had trees on both the sides. The smell of wet soil filled my senses.

Damn.

"I walked down here one day. Last year that is. And found a beautiful lake nearby"

"Oh.." I replied astonished. A lake here, now this place just got better.

After a while of walking, we finally reached the lake and man was it beautiful.

"This place is filled with nature" I commented.

It looked like there was a gazebo right beside the lake.