2. Got my miniskirt and my rollerblades on ~ katie gavin

I just wanna say before you read, this was my first time writing a katie fic sooo it's still new, I
hope you enjoy tho :)
——————

I knock on Katie's bedroom door, we had been roommates for a while now, friends for longer. Hearing a muffled "come in." -I walk in. "hey katie." I say sitting on the desk chair in her bedroom. I was holding a pair rollerblades in my hand. "Heyyy" she replies, sitting up in bed. Her eyes go to the rollerblades before returning to my face. She seems curious to know why I'm holding them. "ok, soo you can totally say no but... can you please help me learn how to rollerblade?" I say, grinning. She smiles. "Sure, I'd be glad to help you learn how to rollerblade. Can't promise it will come easy though." "Mhm, I definitely remember when you learnt." I say, laughing a little at the memory of one particular tumble she took while learning. She rolls her eyes and chuckles softly knowing exactly what I'm thinking of. We both recall the many falls and scrapes she had while learning to rollerblade. "Yeah, it wasn't a pretty sight that day." She laughs. "It certainly wasn't." I say giggling a little more.

"Ok, you laugh anymore and I'm changing my mind about helping you learn." We both laugh for a moment. "no, ok fine, I'll stop." I bite back a smile. She chuckles before relaxing her demeanor. "But seriously, I am happy to help you learn. Just know it will take a little while and I will absolutely laugh every single time you fall." She grins. I pout. "bully. Katie's a bullyyy." I playfully call out, earning laughter from Jo and Naomi who were fucking around in the kitchen. She gasps, throwing a pillow at me. "Shut up. I'm not a bully." "Ahh help they attacked me." I yell again, laughing. A few seconds later I chuck the pillow back at her. She catches the pillow with both hands, pretending to be really hurt as she falls backwards on the bed. A smirk forms on her face as she looks at me. "Just brutal." she says, laying there with sticking tongue out like you see in cartoons. "Oh please." I say laughing at her dramatics. "You're supposed to come and check on me. You know, to see if I'm okay." She says, sitting up on the bed with a pout on her face. I roll my eyes, standing up and offering my free hand to her. "Cmon we got extremely distracted." She grabs my hand.

"Yeah, you're right. We should probably focus on getting you on those rollerblades now." She laughs once more at our shenanigans. After grabbing her rollerblades we go outside, walking to the nearby park. Once we make it there I sit down on the sidewalk beside the road, putting the rollerblades on. I take Katie's hand as she helps me up, continuing to hold it even after I'm up. I smile nervously at her.

We make sure there are no cars around before I start practicing. "Alright, now just try to keep your balance. It's going to feel really awkward at first, but you'll get it." She reassures me. I nod slowly. "Ok now just take a step, like you're walking alright?" She says taking both of my hands in hers to help keep me stable, I take a step, it was surprisingly easy. "Ok, that wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be." I say, letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "Ok now, take a few more steps, you can do it!" She smiles encouragingly. I take a few more steps, she watched me cautiously as I do so.  She stands close to me, holding onto my arm for support, just in case I need it.
"Try to go in a straight line, and let each foot glide smoothly. Don't lean too far forward or you'll fall." I nod, intently listening to her instructions. She again smiles encouragingly as I make my first step. I make it several steps before I lose my balance and stumble forward slightly. She quickly reachs for me and catches me close to her chest, keeping me from falling. Our bodies are pressed together because of the sudden movement. "S-shit, thanks." I say softly, my cheeks burning in embarrassment. I look up at her, not moving yet. My heart is racing but not because of my near fall. Her close proximity to me has me all flustered. I'm suddenly very unaware of my surroundings, only focused on her. We are both quiet for several seconds, staring into each other's eyes, both of us seemingly finding it hard to look away. She reaches her finger out, brushing away my bangs from my eyes. My eyes flutter in between her eyes and her lips, taking a shaky breathe in. The tension thick in the air. No words are said, but we both feel it.
She smiles and moves her face a bit closer to mine. I can feel the butterflies in my stomach fluttering wildly and my breathing is heavy. I can see the blush that spreads across her cheeks. I feel like a nervous teenage girl right now, and I don't care. I part my lips a little, breathing out before gently leaning in, pressing my lips against hers softly. I feel her take a deep breath before returning the kiss. It feels... natural. She places her hands on either side of my waist. We hold the kiss for several seconds before I pull back and take a look at her face. I smile at her, she smiles back. "I didn't exactly learn much but... I'd still say this was pretty productive." She lets out a soft laugh, my lips curve into a wide grin. Her arms fully wrap around my waist, and hold me close to her. I press a quick peck on her cheek before looking into her eyes.

"Definitely productive."

————————-