The beginning of the end

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"The tracker's being kept in camp, under guard. Do what's expected of you and he'll be released." Silence enveloped them for the rest of the short journey. Alina led the way, with Aleksander and Eva hand in hand following closely behind.
Once aboard the Skiff, Alina was promptly chained to the deck, and she wasted no time in playing her part, remarking,

"This isn't a good look for you. Everyone will see that I'm your prisoner." Kirigan chuckled in response, his voice low and amused,

"I doubt very much they'll notice your feet."

Before long, the moment they had been awaiting arrived—the Skiff was launched into the Fold by Zoya, who guided the wind into its sails. The Black Heretic and his beloved stood at the helm, anticipation hanging thick in the air.

"Can you feel them?" Kirigan asked Ivan, referring to the lurking Volcra. Their menacing presence loomed around them, hidden within the shadows. It was Ivan's task to detect the Volcra by their heartbeats. Fortunately, their greatest hope was confirmed,

"No heartbeats yet, sir."

The atmosphere aboard the Skiff was ominous, everyone on edge, unsure of what to expect. The cries of the Volcra caused the vessel to tremble.

"They're coming," Alina said anxiously.

"Yes," Aleksander confirmed, but Alina persisted as always,

"I should just shut this down now." It was then that Eva spoke up, still standing beside Aleksander, her hand in his,

"And what can you really do on your own?" Alina had no answer to that.

Before long, they reached the point where they would expand the Fold, the stretch of land that Eva had personally ensured was completely evacuated, though the politicians and diplomats aboard were unaware of this.

"You've seen what the Sun Summoner can do. Now bear witness to what I can do with her power," Kirigan declared, releasing Eva's hand and striding to the front of the Skiff. He extended the Fold just to the edge of the harbor, enough to make an impact.

"Today we redraw all the maps. With the power of the Sun Summoner at my command, we, Grisha, control the Fold and its monsters. It can be moved to any border I like. Engulf any harbor. Consume any city. Take what you have seen back to your home countries. Tell the Fjerdans. Tell the Shu Han. There will be no more war with Ravka."

Suddenly, Mal and the Crows appeared out of nowhere, chaos erupting as they began to shoot in all directions. Hell broke lose aboard of the Skiff, the Grisha were fighting the Crows, Alina, Mal and even some random diplomats and politicians who apparently brought a gun. Eva shot a quick glance in her lover's direction to see if he was alright, when she saw this was indeed the case, she immediately jumped into action.

As chaos engulfed the Skiff, the clash between men and Grisha intensified into a fierce battle. Eva, her determination burning bright in her eyes, found herself facing off against soldiers, the Crows and politcians. The Skiff rocked violently as the battle raged on, the clash of steel and the crackle of Grisha powers filling the air with a cacophony of chaos. Eva stood at the forefront, her sword gleaming in the dim light as she faced off some soldiers, her Grisha powers crackling at her fingertips.

Amidst the chaos, Alina approached her, her eyes filled with uncertainty and fear.

"Eva," she began, her voice barely audible over the din of battle, "we need to put aside our differences. We have a chance to make a difference here, to show everyone we're better than this."

Eva's hear swelled with hope at Alina's words. For so long, they had been torn apart by their differences, their friendship strained by the weight of their resposibilities. But now, in the midst of battle, there was a chance for reconciliation, a chance to bridhe the divide that had torn them apart.