𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐑𝐄𝐈𝐃

summary: y/n thinks she's spencer reid because her and walker play cluedo
genre: fluff asffff
warnings: swearing, murder detail (sort of?)

- 💌 -

i've never actually played cluedo, but i know walker has. i've always wanted to play the game and i know for a fact that walker has the board game stashed up somewhere in his room.

but he's a boy. and boys would rather play call of duty than cluedo.

"walker please! we don't have cluedo at my house!" i plead with him as he keeps his focus on the game.

"well buy it then." i heard a faint "what?" that followed walker's reply. "i'm not talking to you, brady i'm talking to y/n."

"walker can you just play a game of cluedo with me so i don't have to give you silent treatment."

and with that, walker gave a quick "gotta go." to brady and shut down his pc. i smiled sweetly at him as walker shook his head at me, opening his wardrobe and grabbing a wooden box from the top shelf.

"you're lucky i like you y/n,"he warned.

i gasped in fake offence: "like? what happened to love?" i place a hand on my chest.

walker smiled and kissed my forehead as he sat down next to me on his bedroom floor. "i love you y/n."

"good answer."

walker sets up the game seeing as i have no idea how to and asks me what game piece i want to be. i was expecting the usual argument of who gets to be the car but the pieces are different colours. no car, no fries, just red and blue and purple and a few others.

this game might just save a few million arguments between me and walker.

he gave me my cards and explained the game, and once the evidence cards were in the envelope we set to work.

for the first three rounds i kept rolling one on the dice which really pissed me off because walker already made his way to the first room closest to him by then.

BUT after that the game definitely turned around, and definitely in my favour. i got the murderer and the weapon before walker made it to the ballroom. i just needed the room.

an hour later, and me and walker were head to head. it was genuinely terrifying how competitive we are. but the whole time i couldn't help feeling like i was in an episode of criminal minds.

i wish.

turns out i'm sat on my boyfriend's bedroom floor, playing a game that's basically a hundred years old and nearly spilling my pepsi on his floor every time i crossed off a possible room from my list.

i wouldn't have it any other way though. walker's pretty cool. i guess.

and then i got it. the fucking kitchen.

what kind of professor murders someone with a candlestick in a kitchen?

it seemed far-fetched, but i'd watched criminal minds over and over again. enough times to know that you should never cross off a possibility because it sounds impossible.

so on my next turn, i announced to walker "i'm gonna accuse."

(walker told me accuse means you're gonna say who you think the murderer is, what the murder weapon was and where the murder happened. but i just felt like an idiot.)

walker looked at me like i was mad. "fuck off! i haven't got my last one yet!"

"you fuck off i wanna win!" i argued back. he scowled at me and i flashed the same sweet smile.

i pretended not to notice when his cheeks flushed pink.

"okay so, i think it was the professor purple guy-"

"professor plum." he interjects.

"... um, thank you. professor plum in the kitchen with the candlestick." i look up at him nervously. he's looking back at me and the eye contact makes me want to take it all back just so he'd win.

well, tough tits walker.

he motions to the envelope that's been sitting in the middle of the board for the last hour.

i reach for it and pull out the three cards, careful as to not show walker. i read over them.

professor plum.

i try not to let my smile show. next card.

candlestick

oh my god there's no way. next card.

and there it is.

kitchen.

the fucking kitchen.

i stand up and smile and i yell "I WON! OH MY GOD I'M LIKE SPENCER MOTHERFUCKING REID!"

walker laughs at me as i do a victory dance. (don't hate i just won my first game of cluedo ever) "who's spencer motherfucking reid?"

my mouth drops open. "you don't know who spencer motherfucking reid is?" walker shake shakes head. "you are uncultured. you need to watch criminal minds." i tell him as i sit down next to him.

he smiles at me and puts an arm around my shoulder, pulling me into a hug. i lay my head down in his lap and his smile gets bigger (and so does the blush on his face but again, i didn't notice) as he looks down at me.

"proud of you, spencer." walker laughs and plays with my hair. he leans down to whisper in my ear, "even though you cheated."

my jaw dropped again.

walker picks up my head around the back and lays it on the floor as he gets up and just walks out, claiming "i'm going to get a drink!" as he goes. i just sit up gobsmacked.

"I DIDN'T CHEAT!"

- 💌 -

this literally took me two hours because i put avengers age of ultron on and literally could not stop watching (aaron taylor johnson) so good fr

im now watching avengers assemble 😝

love you all xx

"love is our true destiny, we do. it find the meaning of life by ourselves alone - we find it with another💗"
thomas morton - the narrative of john smith
(spencer & maeve's version)