School on Thursday and Friday

Today is Thursday, and it's lunchtime. I'm sitting beside Drew and we're starting to have a conversation.
"Hey, Drew, do you know who you're going to ask to prom yet," I'm asking him.
"I might."
"Who is it?"
"I can't tell you until tomorrow. It's a surprise. You'll never see it coming who I'm going to ask to prom, and by the way, I actually do know who I'm going to ask to prom."
"Okay, if it's important to you that you keep it a secret and a surprise until tomorrow then I'll wait to find out."
"Good, because it is important."
"Okay, then I'm just going to wait," I'm saying and am now taking a bite of my food.
"You don't have your prom dress yet, do you?"
"Nope."
"I didn't think so."
"Well, you are right," I am saying and taking another bite of my food.
"Are you ready for tomorrow evening?"
"Totally, it's always fun hanging out with you. I mean, who wouldn't want to hang out with their best friend?"
"You're right. It is always fun when we hang out. I love hanging out with my best friend, and I'm so ready for tomorrow, as always."
"Great."
"Yeah."
We are continuing to eat and now we are finishing up. Lunch is almost over.

~Friday~
It's Friday, and I'm sitting down beside Drew at our usual lunch table with our friends.
I wonder who Drew is planning on asking to prom and I wonder when he is planning on doing it. He hasn't done it yet, so I'm very curious as to when he will be asking this girl if she will go to prom with him. I'm going to ask him about it.
"Hey. Drew, when are you planning on asking whoever the girl is that you want to go to proim with to go to prom with you?"
"You'll see."
Well, I'm not going to ask him any more questions about it. I don't want to bother him about it since it's important to him that it stays a secret and a surprise until he asks this girl out.
Lunch is over now and we are all headed to class.