Episode Two: The Precious Water

Yootopia was bustling as usual, residents walking around the village picking up the essentials they needed for the day. Pammee had invited everyone over to her place for pie and ice cream, and the boys knew that Pammee was also good at cooking too asides from being an expert fashionista and boutique owner. She placed down a whole strawberry shortcake along with a bowl of ice cream to go with it. "Here we are!" she exclaimed with a smile. Yoohoo couldn't help but smell the cake as Roodee said, "Wow! This sure looks delicious!"

Yoohoo thanked Pammee for the shortcake, the fennec telling them to dig in. With that, the boys got their slice of pie and ice cream, digging in. "This is good!" Lemmee said with a smile. Chewoo happened to enter Pammee's home, seeing the pie. "Ey! You guys are eating shortcake!" she said eyeing it. "Even ice cream too!" The squirrel had her knack for sweets that's for sure. "Chewoo! You can have some shortcake and ice cream too! There's enough for everyone!" Pammee exclaimed.

Chewoo took a plate and immediately took a scoop of ice cream and grabbed a slice of pie. As she devoured it, she began to tell Pammee about how she made it. Besides having a good(but yet sensitive)nose, she had a really good sense of taste, hence why a lot of the residents called her the expect chef of the island. It was also a reason on why she wanted to start her iconic cooking and talk show. "That's really impressive it's no wonder you have good taste buds," Pammee told Chewoo once the squirrel was done with her taste observation.

She laughed in advance, thanking Pammee for the compliment, yet she didn't know she still had shortcake in her mouth. "You know it's not polite to talk when your mouth is full!" Lemmee scolded to her. She swallowed what was left of the pie as she apologized to Lemmee, soon saying about a good story she had just heard about not too long ago. "Well I'm sure that story is interesting only to you!" Roodee said with a smug look on his face, making the others laugh. "Absolutely not!" she exclaimed as she playfully shoved his side. "This story is aaaaaawsomely good! I promise you, it's gonna keep you on the edge of your seats! So if I were you I'd prepare to be amazed!" She did a dramatic drumroll on the table, only for Lemmee to tell her to get on with it.

Chewoo quickly nodded and crossed her arms on the table. "Actually...I heard the story on my way here," she said in a more quieter tone. This made Roodee and Yoohoo cock their heads in confusion as Lemmee and Pammee's ears twitched. "You see, I've been overhearing about many hearing weird noises coming from the river at night. Some even speculate it to be the singing voice of a water spirit," she explained, making Lemmee flinch a bit in terror. "What? A water spirit? But they don't even exist!" he exclaimed nervously as Yoohoo jumpscared him by slamming his fists on the table. "I've actually heard that story too," he said getting up. "Do you want to know why it sings? It wants to learn about Mobians because of its song. That's how it preys on its victims."

Yoohoo already had his back turned to Pammee and Roodee, so of course the capuchin was jumpscared by Yoohoo spinning around, making a creepy shout and gesture at him. Roodee screeched in terror as he fell back out of his chair as they both collapsed to the ground. Everyone laughed at their friend as Roodee rubbed his head. "Ouch..." he moaned. He knew he couldn't tolerate a good ghost story.

--------------

Roodee was out late at night, observing the stars in the clear sky by the river. He remembered checking out some stars the night before, but he couldn't place his finger on it. "So the stars that I saw last night are..." Roodee trailed at the end as he took out his encyclopedia and began to flip through the pages, hoping to find what he was after. His ears soon twitched at the sound of someone singing. He span around, dropping his book in the process. "I think I heard a noise, and it's not far from here. It sounds like what I heard last night!" he exclaimed.