For the love of you.

Zacznij od początku

"Anything" Sid said with no hesitation. "No more smack." 

"What?"

"No more smack until after you do a gig. promise me Sid. No more for both of us" 

Sid's brow furrowed with uncertainty as he processed Vanity's words. The gravity of her request weighed heavily on him, stirring a whirlwind of conflicting emotions within his chest. The thought of giving up heroin, even temporarily, filled him with a sense of apprehension and fear. But the earnest look in Vanity's eyes, the unwavering determination etched into her features, softened the edges of his resistance.

He reached up to gently grasp her wrists, his fingers entwining with hers as he searched her gaze for reassurance. "Vanity, you know I'd do anything for you," he began, his voice quiet but resolute. "But you also know how hard it is for me to stay clean, especially when things get tough."

Vanity nodded, her expression softening with understanding. "I know, love. And I'm not asking you to do this alone. We'll do it together, okay?"

Sid felt a surge of gratitude wash over him, a flicker of hope igniting within his chest at the prospect of facing his demons alongside the woman he loved. "Okay." he whispered, his voice barely above a breath. "I promise."

Vanity smiled, a radiant warmth spreading across her features as she leaned in to press a tender kiss against his lips. "Thank you, Sid." she murmured, her words a whispered promise of solidarity and strength.

After the meetings with the two club owners, both having turned Sid's performance down Vanity had gone back to get Sid so they could both go and get their methadone dose.

Sid waited outside of the studio for her as she approached. "Hey," Vanity said softly, crossing the room to stand before him. She reached out to gently tilt his chin upward, meeting his eyes with a tender gaze. "Ready to go?"

Sid nodded, his expression a mixture of dread and tiredness. "Yeah, let's get this over with."

Together, they made their way to the clinic, the feeling new and made them a little nervous. thankfully there weren't many people there who knew them but a junkie always knows another junkie so it wasn't hard to spot them. also they were Sid and Vanity for fuck sake. of course people knew them. The receptionist behind the counter greeted them with a tired smile, her eyes betraying the weariness of someone who had seen too much suffering.

"Good morning," she said, her voice tinged with a hint of sympathy. "How can I help you today?"

Vanity stepped forward, her gaze steady as she met the receptionist's eyes. "We're here for our dose," she replied, her tone firm and resolute.

The receptionist nodded, her fingers flying over the keyboard as she pulled up their records. "Name?" she asked, her eyes scanning the screen before her.

"Vanity Howard," Vanity answered, her voice steady despite the nerves that twisted in her stomach.

"And you?" the receptionist turned to Sid, her gaze flickering over his worn appearance.

"Sid Vicious," Sid muttered, his voice barely above a whisper. He shifted uncomfortably under the receptionist's scrutiny, the weight of his addiction heavy upon him.

As the receptionist processed their information, a nurse emerged from the back room, her expression kind but weary. "Vanity, Sid, if you could just follow me," she said, her voice gentle as she led them to a small room at the back of the clinic.

Inside, a row of chairs lined the walls, each occupied by patients waiting their turn for their dose. Sid and Vanity took their seats, their eyes fixed on the floor as they waited for their names to be called.

After what felt like an eternity, the nurse returned, a tray of small plastic cups in her hands. "Vanity, Sid, it's your turn," she said, her voice soft as she motioned for them to approach.

Vanity stood first, her steps steady as she made her way to the nurse's side. Sid followed close behind, his movements sluggish and uncertain. The nurse handed them each a cup, her eyes filled with a mixture of compassion and resignation. "Take this," she said, her voice gentle as she offered them the medication that would dull their cravings and ease their withdrawal symptoms.

Vanity accepted her cup with a nod of thanks, her fingers trembling slightly as she brought it to her lips. Sid hesitated for a moment, his gaze fixed on the liquid within the cup. But with a deep breath, he swallowed it down, the bitter taste lingering on his tongue.

As they made their way back to their seats, a sense of relief washed over them, the medication already beginning to take effect. They sat in silence for a moment, the weight of their addiction pressing down upon them like a heavy burden.

But it's not like they were stopping anytime soon...