Front Row Seats

Charlotte POV

I was getting dressed to go out with my friend. We were heading to the coffee shop to catch up before she was taking me to a soccer game later. She was in town from Britain to watch her girlfriend, Kristie, play soccer.

As I was putting the final touches on my makeup, I hear a knock at the door.
"Coming!"
I open the door to see Sam Kerr awaiting for me. "Sammy!" I yell giving her a huge hug. She hugs me in response while still holding the bag in her hand.

After we leave to get coffee, we get in the car and start driving to the game. I'm driving since Sam can't seem to drive anywhere herself. "Are you excited?" she asks.
"Oh yeah totally, how long are these soccer games again?"

I watch as she rolls her eyes laughing, "You act like you've never watched a game, I know you secretly love it. You'll be fine, we're right in the front anyway."
We talk a little more through the car ride as I see her playing with her necklace that Kristie gave her. "How are you and Kristie doing?" I ask as I look at her after I stop at a red light. "Really really well, she makes me so happy. I hate long distance though, it's really hard."
"So do something about it." She smiles in response as I pull into a spot.
"Maybe I will. I really want to be closer you know." I hear her mutter.

After parking, we get to our seats, we are literally sitting in the first row a little wide of the home team's bench with a full view of the field. "Wow you did get great seats."

I look at her as she waves at Kristie who seems to be running our direction. Kristie gets to us and bring Sam down a little as she stretches up to kiss her. I admire them a little with how happy they seem. As they pull away I smile at Kristie as she says something corny and lovable to Sam like they always do.

"Hey Charlotte."
"Hey girl."
"I see this one finally got you out to a game." Sam smacks her arm lightly with a smile at her comment.

"You know I'd be here eventually." The conversation flows a little longer before it's cut short and she has to go warm up. "Good luck babe!" Sam yells in encouragement.

As the whistle blows, the teams take off. Gotham holds most of possession until a winger on Spirit makes a crazy tackle. The crowd screams in protest as a Spirit player takes the ball up the field. She dribbles up the center and plays a lofted all over to the right winger. The right winger takes a crazy good touch beating a defender and bringing the ball to her left, smashing it in the upper right corner.

"Damn" I mutter as Sam leans back in her seat. My eyes travel to the scorer as she blows a kiss to the crowd. Our eyes lock and her smirk fades into a smile as I don't break eye contact. Suddenly Sam coughs beside me causing me to look away from the beautiful soccer player.

"Got your eye on something?" She smirks bumping my shoulder. "Shut up."

The rest of the game I can't take my eyes off the soccer star. Kristie had an assist to a teammate, that's what Sam said. I zoned out again watching... never mind. She was really loud. Half way into the second half it's 1-1.

The beautiful player from before gets the ball with her back to the defender. Then she back heels it through the defenders legs, leaving her spinning.

I stifle a laugh as she chases after the ball. "Cmon D cut her off!" Sam yells by my ear. I watch as she gets the ball and soar to the corner playing a cross in to her player in the box who dives for the header, the ball going in the back of the net. 2-1 Spirit.

The striker sprints over to the girl jumping onto her wrapping her legs around her waist. It makes my stomach turn as I watch, I don't know why. I force myself to look away from their celebrations as I look over to Sam with a hand palmed in her face.