-**-

IT'S three o'clock in the afternoon and I am just laying on the couch while streaming a movie on Netflix. Napakunot naman ang noo ko nang biglang may nag-park na sasakyan sa labas. Itinigil ko muna ang movie at sumilip sa bintana upang tingnan kung sino iyon.

Napahinga naman ako nang maluwag nang makita si Tito Leo. Naka-long sleeves itong puti habang ang coat ay nakasampay sa braso. Kulay navy blue ang slacks niya at kumikinang pa ang sapatos niyang gawa sa balat.

Even befofe his fist could knock on the door, I opened the door for him.

"Tito Leo, didn't expected you'd come in such short notice," I smiled and stepped aside to let him in. Nang makapasok naman siya ay kaagad na isinara ko ang pinto.

Tinawagan ko kaninang umaga si Tito Leo upang ipaalam sa kaniya kung ano ang nangyari. Dahil doon ay hindi naman na mahirap lumipat, dahil pinalayas na talaga kami sa bahay.

"Of course. Sinabi ko na rin ito kaagad sa daddy mo kaya't pinapunta niya kaagad ako rito, na parang hindi ko naman kayo pupuntahan," bahagya siyang tumawa at nataw na lang din naman ako. "Hindi na nakasama si Manuel dahil abala siya sa niyogan niyo, naglalagas sila ngayon ng niyog."

"O-okay?" I replied. Alam ko naman kung ano ang tinutukoy niya pero hindi ko naman ine-expect na kasama si papa. Dati kasi ay nagpapa-trabaho lang si papa ng maga-asikaso sa niyogan niya.

"Anyway, where's your sisters?" Tanong niya saka kapuwa kaming naupo sa sofa.

"They're asleep, well, I told them to," I shrugged.

He nidded. "Your father is wondering, if you'd want to transfer school. Since there's a feud between you and your mother, it would be easy for her to sign a release."

"How about my sisters? They've never been there. Hindi sila sanay mamuhay katulad ng buhay ni papa roon. I experienced it twice, and it is not easy," saad ko habang umiiling. "And also, knowing Mona, I don't think she'd want to transfer school. She's very picky when it comes to people to trust, and sending her to a different community would require her to make a huge adjustment."

"How about you? Would you want to transfer school?" He asked that made me silent for a long time.

Would I want to transfer?

"Well, it's fine for me... but, what about my sisters? My friend, Kyle? What about them?" I asked. Kapag lumipat ako, mas lalo akong mapapalayo kay Mona at Mal. Mas lalong hindi ko sila mapo-protektahan. Mas lalong malalapit sila sa kapahamakan.

"If you're worried about your mother touching your sisters, that's not a problem. We could make her sign a contract, promising that she would never hurt your sisters, and if somehow she did, she would be imprisoned," Tito Leo explained that convinced me. "But, consult your sisters about it, if they would want you to go away."

-**-

AFTER Uncle Leo leave, Mal and Mona finally woke up. I consulted them about me leaving, but they were fine about it. Especially Mona, she said it's unhealthy for me to stay longer in a toxic community.

And as soon as they told me it's okay, I called my homeroom adviser to inform her about my transferring.

[Bakit parang bigla-bigla naman 'yata ang desisyon mong iyan, Marlo? Pumayag na ba ang magulang mo r'yan?] Tanong niya sa telepono, napangiti na lang naman ako sa sarili.

"It's my dad who asked me if I would want to transfer school. I'll have my Uncle Leo process my papers as soon as possible. I'll text you his number," I said, full of excitement. I don't know why am I feeling such joy about this, I'm going to have my sisters left behind...

[Sige, anak. Mag-iingat, ha? Sige na...] Tugon ni Missus Gonzales at ibinaba na ang tawag.

I stretched my body and walked in the kitchen to look for something to eat. But I'm disappointed to see nothing. The pantry has nothing but empty boxes, and the refrigerator is not even turned on.

"Mona? Mal? I'm going to go out to buy some supplies. You guys wanna come?" I yelled while in the kitchen and washing my face.

"No, we're fine!" Mona yelled back.

I chuckled and opened the door of their room, only to witness them playing with old barbie dolls. I laughed it off and give them an are-you-sure look.

"Yeah, go on! Just buy us some hopia, please," Mona said while controlling my old remote controlled car. I guess she found some old battery that still works until now.

"Alright, I'll lock the doors. Do not open it to anyone, okay? I have a spare key," I reminded them and they just nodded, busy playing with old toys.

I stepped outside the house and locked the door, I planned on walking my way to the grocery store but I saw the car of my mom passed by. I asked a tricycle driver to follow it, I was so uneasy for no reason.

And when we finally catched up to them, I saw Uncle Roger driving the car. His face was serious, is he angry? I couldn't hear what they're saying but my mom keeps on trying to stop him from driving. My brows furrowed as I watch that scene.

After some time, the car suddenly stopped and both of them stepped out the car. "Diretso ka na po," I told the driver as I look back to them debating in the middle of the road. Uncle Roger's face was calm again, they switched places and mom drived this time. "That was weird..."

I stopped by the grocery store and paid the driver one hundred pesos. He was calling me for my change but I signed that it's fine. I stepped inside the grocery store and got myself a cart so I it's easier to buy some things.

While looking through the grocery aisles, I saw Analyn. She's the woman who told me about mom's lies. She bumped into a man in whole black outfit and her face turned pale. I saw the man whispered something in her ears and walked away.

Analyn, with her hands trembling, walked out of the grocery store, leaving her shopping cart behind. My forehead creases as I witness that scene. What was that for? And who was that? She looks petrified.

I am seeing multiple weird things today, what was those for?

I shooked it off and continued looking for supplies through the aisles. While looking for something specific, my phone vibrated. It's a text from my dad.

Pops
A driver would pick you guys up tomorrow morning. Be sure to be ready. I sent you some money to treat your sisters:)

And after that, a notification from my cash app popped out. It's saying I received $100 dollars from his number.

I shrugged it off and told myself I'll just order my sisters some Jollibee when I got home.

After completing the things on my list, I paid it all at the counter and carried the box of grocery out of the store. And once again, I saw my mom and Roger entered a seafood restaurant at the front of the grocery store. Huh. Why would they go in there? Mom's allergic to seafood.

I called on a tricycle once again, still with my eyes pinned at the entrance of the restaurant, waiting for them go out - but they didn't. I sighed, perhaps they didn't order the food my mom's allergic to?

When I got home, I gave Mona and Mal their hopia and ordered some Jollibee as a treat for my sisters, just like what my dad said. I signed all my worries off. As time goes by, a lot of thoughts enter my mind. Thoughts that I can never answer myself.

I lay down on the couch and faced the ceiling while thinking deeply. Mal's statemeng passed by my mind again. Daddy said family should never hurt each other. Huh, ironic. I thought so too. I can recall mommy telling me that once, and here she is, leaving us behind. Great.