Of misjudgments

Suna got up quickly and mumbled "Sorry"

  Kaya cleared his throat and got up as well "No worries", he than scratched his head.

  She couldn't just leave without trying to mend things, after all she just kissed her brother-in-law's cousin and he rejected it, rejected her. 

  "It was a mistake, no one needs to know Kaya. I guess the alcohol got to me"

  She cringed saying those words. Good job Suna, now in his eyes you're just a girl who goes around kissing guys whenever drunk and slightly emotional. As if the humiliation she felt when Seryan had embarrassed her in front of everyone, when her little sister told that mortifying story with every single detail wasn't enough, now this. I can never do anything right.

  She shook her head, it's still a better impression than for him to think I kissed him on purpose, how would I ever face him then?

  "Good night" she turned around with hurried steps, her throat clogging up.

  "Wait up" Kaya followed suit and was ushering forward with hurry, his jacket in one hand.

   She slowed down but didn't fully stop, and breathed in and out. Can't cry now. 

   Kaya grazed her arm "Let me escort you back to you room, okay?"

   Suna nodded, her head still down.

   They walk without any conversation until they reach her floor.

   "I'm gonna go alone from here, I don't wanna Asuman to misunderstand anything" After all, there is nothing to misunderstand.

   "Alright, good night" he smiled.

   "You too"

    .

    .

    .

    .

    .

   Kaya reached his hotel room satisfied. Tonight wasn't so bad, he comforted a pretty girl after all. It seems that they are finally on good terms.

   Or so he thought, because the next morning Suna had avoided him like the plaque yet was still making snark remakes at his expense, just not directly speaking with him. It can't be because of the kiss, can it?

  "Kaya! I'm talking to you!" Ferit yelled while snapping his fingers at Kaya's face.

  "Efendim?"

  "Instead of getting lost in your fake grandson's dreams, how about you focus on work instead?"

  Kaya scoffed "if all the real grandson does is yell and order people around, then I'm happy with my position"

  "Ya Allah, give me patience. I'm only dealing with you because Halis dede told me, got it?" Ferit said while pointing his finger. 

  "looks like we're on the same boat" Kaya relaxed back into his chair and took a sip of his coffee.

  He tried to meet Suna's eyes but instead she was staring at the view of the sea at her left, deep in thought.

  He took his drawing board and began sketching the Aegean sea, it's beautiful Azure color and her. There was a certain something about the way her chin was resting on her right her, her demeanor but mostly Suna's eyes, a profound sense of sadness in them. 

  He didn't notice when Ferit and Abidin took their leave.

  He was only half-done when Seryan interrupted him.

  "So Kaya, what did you study?" she asked enthusiastically.   

  "What?"

  "In University I mean, what did you study?"

  "Oh right, Graphic branding"

  Suna chuckled "Do they really accept someone with this many tattoos back in London, or did you go to a community college?"

  Kaya smirked while Seryan hushed "Able! Çok ayıb"

  Suna just shrugged and looked away.

  Kaya lifted his black tank top slightly, revealing his abs and said "You could've just said you wanted to have a closer look at them" he pointed at his bottle tattoo ignoring the gasps from both sister "So this one I got when I quit drinking"

  "What are you doing Kaya, Ferit will come any second! He will misunderstand and cause problems!"

  Kaya put his tank top down "It's not my fault, blame your sister's curiosity"

  He did enjoy Suna teasing him mostly but he still couldn't figure out the exact reason as to why she looked at him with such disdain through stolen glances, does she dislike him that much?

  Suna didn't pay him any mind and kept gazing at the sea. What was so interesting about the damn sea? he followed her gaze carefully.

  She was staring at where they sat last night.

  Kaya's eyebrows unfurrowed themselves as he began putting all the puzzles together.

  Suna suddenly stood up and stated annoyed "I'm gonna go back to my room, after all my head still hurts from last night" and rolled her eyes. 

  Oh.

  So it was the kiss that bothered her that much?

It took Kaya exactly ten second to stand up as well and follow Suna, citing using the bathroom as an excuse.

  Why did he get up? why would he concern himself with explaining himself to someone? Usually people getting the wrong idea of him doesn't bother him much, so why did he get up without thinking twice?

  But most importantly, what will he say?

  "Suna, wait up" he yelled.

  Suna didn't respond and instead walked with a quicker pace.

  He caught up and stood in front of her.

  "what? what do you want?" she said, crossing her arms.

  He sighed and asked "why are you upset with me? is it because of what happened last night?"

  Suna snickered "don't flatter yourself, it's because you involve yourself in my sister's marriage with no shame"

  Kaya nodded and pursed his lips "so it's definitely not because I pulled away when you kissed me?"

  Suna looked around them and said in a low, firm tone "did we not agree to forgot that and put it behind us?"

  Kaya continued, lowering his voice's volume "I have a rule you know, I don't kiss drunk girls. I have enough self-control to stop a woman from kissing me when she isn't conscious enough"

He bit his lips and looked at hers "especially if it's a woman I can hardly resist"