You heal her broken heart and I heal yours, but then...you broke mine Ch 20

Začít od začátku

I grabbed the bags and placed them inside the house. Then I rushed out to found my imprint, Tav.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tav’s POV

The sunlight shone brightly over my eyes. I had to blink a couple of times before I could see properly.

I sighed and sat up.

The small nap gave me some energy to process the conversation more clearly.

However, I don’t feel like spending a sunny afternoon confusing myself with all kinds of possibilities.

I stood up and decided to have a splash in the water.

The cool water felt lovely against my boiling skin. It was relaxing and soon I was enjoying myself and throwing away all of my worries.

I stopped and looked over to the cliffs.

Memories came flooding back to my mind.

“NO, JAKE! I...I can’t...jump...It’s too high...” I whimpered.

“I will jump with you!” Embry volunteered, coming forward.

“Tav won’t jump with you! Here, I will help you, Tav.” Quil asked, walking behind me.

“Both of you, BACK OFF!” Jake yelled and pushes through between them. “Tav, don’t worry. You will be able to jump off these cliffs. You can jump with me if you want.” He said reassuringly.

“I...I...”

Paul came and stood protectively in front of me.

“SHE DOESN’T WANT TO JUMP OFF THOSE DAMN CLIFFS, BLACK!” he growled, starting to shake.

I turned Paul around to face me, “It’s okay, Bro. Calm down, I’m good. No need to worry.”

Paul stopped to shake. “You are not going to jump, are you? You haven’t even been on the cliffs after the...accident.”

I sighed.

Ever since, the time I had fallen off these cliffs when I was young and had broken my left shoulder. I had never regained the courage to go cliff diving again. Not even with Paul or the pack. And, now Jake wants me to cliff dives with him...

“I...could...try...I guess.” I whispered and look up at Jake for support.

Jake grinned and held my hands, slowly leading me to the cliff’s end.

I peer over the edge.

“Ugh.” I mumbled, shutting my eyes.

Jake chuckled, “It’s alright, I’ve got your back.”

“You better.” I murmured and I felt two warm arms slide around my waist.

“No worries, I’ve got it.” Jake said, smirking. “Ready?”

“N-no.”

“One, two, THREE!”

I jumped and I could feel Jake’s arms tightened around me.

“You did it, Tav.” He whispered softly to my ears.

I wiped the tears away and inhaled.

I am going to do this without anyone’s help.

I make my way slowly up the cliffs.

Trying to calm my breaths, I took my shoes off and looked over the edge.

It’s higher than last time...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------