McQueen and (Y/N)

Comincia dall'inizio

"What, you mean you can't?" You blasted with a hearty laugh. "You'd think a big-shot city boy racer like you would know a trick or two!" Shrugging your shoulders at him, you yelled out in false dismay, "Oh well!" And with that, you quickly turned the car back around in one swift motion and began driving forward once more.

McQueen chuckled at your childish behavior. It had come to grow on him. He found your personality quite charming and, well, intoxicating. He was always craving more of it, to see more sides of you than met the eye. "This is Lighting McQueen, you're talking to!" He called out with a rebellious smirk on his face. "I'll show you a thing or two!"

Slamming on the gas, McQueen sped forward and right past you. He merged into your lane right in front of you with just enough room to spare. Had it been anyone else, you would've spiked the breaks. But you trusted McQueen, and trusted he knew what he was doing enough to where he would never pull a maneuver that would put you in risk of a crash. He extended his arm out his window, motioning to you with a beckoning wave. The rookie was daring you to pass him, a friendly challenge.

Tightening your grip around the wheel, you tried to overtake McQueen. However, the rookie was very sharp and had reflexes unrivaled by anyone else you had ever encountered. He cut you off every single time, which was of no surprise to you seeing as how this was a common stalemate faced in the world of racing.

"Aw, c'mon, (Y/N)!" McQueen called out with a playful laugh of mockery. "You gotta do better than that if you wanna pass me!"

You rolled your eyes with a small laugh at the singsong tone in his voice. His cockiness was coming out strong, but he forgot who was really allowed to be the cocky one here. You knew these roads, had them memorized both in mind and heart. This wasn't a simple endless circular loop like all of the stadium tracks he had raced on.

One of the best curves was coming up, a turn that spun with the wave of the land and curved off the ground slightly. It rode up a fairly gradual slope, giving more room to the road than met the eye if going off the presence of asphalt alone. Slowly starting to merge into the right lane, McQueen quickly jerked his car over to block you at the exact same time you flew back into the left lane full force, riding and drifting up the slope before racing back down and straightening your wheels just in front of his race car.

"Oh, you mean like that?" You called out with a hearty laugh, nothing but pure lively excitement and adrenaline rushing through your veins. McQueen laughed as well, shouting out a compliment on your driving skills that brought a blush to your cheeks.

The two of you eased up on the racing and relaxed back more into the simple nature of a drive. Your cars gracefully flowed with the winding roads, which flowed with the land itself, just as you liked it. The two of you went out of your way to drive through puddles of water sitting in the road once you reached the section that drive right along the canal side. It was fun seeing the water splash up onto your windshields, and to see just how high the water would rocket into the air like a crashing rude of the ocean. Just the same with any piles of leaves in the road, the both of you eagerly drove your cars right through them to watch the leaves go rushing into the air, doing flexible curls and flips in the air as they flurried.

McQueen soon lost himself in the drive once the two of you passed the canal and began to head more into the mountains and canyons. He was so overwhelmed with emotions, yet felt nothing but immense peace wash over him. The sights were breathtaking. The roads were fun and full of mystery at every turn. Every second was fresh and new, nothing like the monotony of the race tracks he prided himself in dominating. This was a whole new world to him, and he didn't want to ever wake up from whatever dream he was living in.

As he passed through a tall tunnel, one that was carved right into a mountainside, his mouth dropped in awe as he drove into the blinding light at the end of the dark tunnel to see a glorious waterfall. It was huge, the rushing water sparkling as far as the eye could see. He figured it flowed into the canal far below that he had once drove past with you. It was such a fantastic sight, watching all the mist and foam flying into the air which added even more glitters of light to the view.