18. caught?

18. caught?

Nandhini was in her hotel room, listening to music as she scrolled through Pinterest. She was in the balcony the cold breeze playing with her free hair as she occasionally glancing at the city. As she scrolled through Pinterest, she came across various pretty aesthetics making her smile. At that moment someone knocked on the door.

Opening the door, she was met with the sight of Shubman standing on the other side. His eyes lit up at the sight of her, and without uttering a word, he stepped inside. The door closed behind them, and before Nandhini could fully process the change in atmosphere, Shubman pulled her close, his lips meeting hers in a passionate kiss.

Shubman's hands found their way around her waist, and Nandhini's arms instinctively wrapped around his neck. "It's been so long since we kissed like this," he mutters against her lips making her hum in response.

However, their private world was abruptly interrupted by the creaking sound of the door opening again. Shreyas, Nandhini's brother, walked in, a mixture of surprise and confusion written across his face as he witnessed the scene."What the..." Shreyas started, his sentence trailing off as he struggled to process the sight before him.Nandhini quickly stepped back from Shubman, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. "Shreyas, it's not what it looks like..." Shubman, sensing the need to address the situation, cleared his throat and took a step forward. "Shreyas, we should talk."

Shreyas, still processing the unexpected turn of events, nodded silently. They left the room, the door closing behind them, leaving Nandhini alone with a mix of emotions. In the corridor, Shreyas ran a hand through his hair, the confusion evident on his face. "Shubman, what the hell was that? I didn't know you and Nandhini were..."

Shubman, sighing, interrupted, "Shreyas, I should have told you earlier. Nandhini and I, we're in a relationship. I should've been more open about it."

Shreyas raised an eyebrow, the initial shock still present. "You're dating my sister?"Shubman nodded slowly, meeting Shreyas' gaze with sincerity. "Yes, and I care about her a lot. I didn't mean for you to find out like this, and I'm sorry."

Shreyas sighed, rubbing his face before running a hand through his hair. "I just need some time to process this, Shubman. It's a lot to take in."

Shubman understood the gravity of the situation. "I get it, Shreyas." Shreyas looked at him, the shock now changing into a concerned expression. "Just... be good to her, treat her well, okay? She means the whole world to me."

Shubman nodded with a soft smile. "I will, Shreyas. I care about her more than anything."

"More than cricket?" Shreyas teased making Shubman chuckle. "Well take care of her man. If you don't, you'll see the older brother Shreyas," he spoke making Shubman nod.

 As Shreyas walked away, Shubman couldn't help but feel a sense of relief. He re-entered the hotel room, finding Nandhini by the balcony. She turned to face him, her eyes searching for reassurance. Shubman approached her, wrapping his arms around her in a comforting hug.  "Shreyas is okay with us."

Nandhini smiled, "Thank god," she sighed. "It was embarrassing though," she muttered making both of them chuckle as he ran his finger through her hair.

Later on, Shubman was in his room with Ishan telling him about what had happened. "Bhai thu aaj hi practice keliye aaya tha aur ye hogaya," Ishan laughed making Shubman roll his eyes. 

"Well things apart, you got Shreyas' approval. The older brother approval part is even tougher than getting the approval of a girl's dad," Ishan chuckled. "True. I'm glad he approved."