Her younger sister peaked in her room from the door, wondering what was Higuchi's problem.

"Hey, big sister, so..." She started, making Higuchi instantanely stop, her attention half directed to her. "...I was thinking, I haven't heard you talking about that senior of yours in a while, has something happened?"

Higuchi flinched. "It's not that, if I don't say anything about him, the world will cascade!"

"Are you sure? It's you we're talking about. When we have nothing to say, just a question about him makes me pray for you to be quiet. It's strange that you don't even tell me if he's away for work or else... Wait a minute..." Higuchi's younger sister covered her mouth with her hand.

"What's that? What's with that look?" Higuchi threw daggers at her with her eyes.

"DID THEY FIRE YOU?!"

"...WhaT THE--- NO!"

"I think I'm onto something!" She clasped her hands together.

"You're onto nothing!" Higuchi threw a pillow at her.

"Nonono! It explains everything!"

"I've not been fired! I am just... assisting someone else."

"And that someone is...?"

"He isn't someone of the Port Mafia."

"A-AH! I TOLD YOU I WAS ONTO SOMETHING!"

"Not fired!"

"Suuure. Whatever makes you happier, but you're a mafioso who is assisting someone that is not from the Port Mafia and that isn't seeing the lad you work for for who knows when." Her younger sister summarized her week pretty well, while she walked up and down in Higuchi's room, waving her pointer finger like a detective who is connecting dots. She suddenly moved her gaze from the air to Higuchi's face. "That's suspicious..."

"Drop it..."

"It's not like I care about what job you do, but you can tell me if they did fire you."

"THEY DID NOT."

"...So you did?"

"I did n--- You know what? Shut up. My goodness, you always want to be right, don't you?"

"That's because I usually am! C'mon then, if you don't wanna talk, at least come eat dinner with me. I've already prepared it." She said, exiting her room. "Quick! Don't laze around!!"

Higuchi hastily got up, and directed herself where her sister was.

Sitting down in front of the mouth-watering hiyashi chūka, she felt that her sister was still pondering about something. She decided to ignore that, and after telling her to have a good meal, she began eating.

"Hey, big sister, you said you're currently working for a man, right?"

"Yes?"

"Are you gonna fall in love with him like you did with that Akutagawa?"

Higuchi choked, and was gasping for air. After a couple seconds she was over that torture.

"What's your problem?! Making questions like this while drinking or eating is a crime, you know?!"

"You didn't deny, though!" She laughed.

"I was too busy choking?!"

"Okay, okay, let's be serious, now." She brought down the chopsticks, crossed her fingers and rested her chin on the bridge they created. "Is he hot?"