"Diamonds ain't what I want out of a man. If I love him, he don't need no checkbook. Shit, even if I don't love him, a checkbook ain't gone do him no good." I said.

Jesse rose his eyebrows and said "Wow.."

I looked over at him and said "What?"

"You just different. I like it." He said.

"I like you." I said.

"And I like you." He said back and I giggled as we continued to walk.

"So.. Your child's father is that actor guy right?" He said.

"Yeah, Trevante." I said.

"Y'all not an item or nothing? Involved in any type of way besides co parenting?" He asked.

"No. We tried to work something out but it just didn't work in our favor. It's not meant to be that way anymore I guess. You know?" I said.

"Yeah I understand." He said to me.

"You have any kids?" I asked.

"Nah, not yet. I would like probably two." He said.

"Yeah they're a blessing. I only have one but I would like a few more one day, we'll see." I said.

"We can make some arrangements." He said slyly as he gave me a smirk and I laughed saying "You're funny"

He laughed too saying "Sometimes"

I grabbed one of the pink lillies and said "Love these.."

"Is that right?" He said.

"Always did.. Even as a little girl." I said. "My father, before he left, he used to get me flowers every week." I said smiling a little at the thought.

"Before he left?" He said.

I sighed.

"Yeah he uh.. He left me and my mother when I was fourteen. So. I haven't seen him since" I said shrugging.

"Hmm. Shame on him." He said. "Another woman hurt by her father." He added.

"I don't let it overtake my life though. I just don't speak on him. You know what I mean?" I said.

"Yeah, for sure. That'll be his biggest regret. If it isn't already. Because I couldn't leave my daughter stranded like that, and think it ain't gone eat me alive later. That's crazy" Jesse said.

"Yeah. I think that's one of the reasons why I try to be cautious with men because I just don't know where their mind is at, at this point. I'm just a different typa woman, I don't have time for games anymore. Never did." I said.

"I understand that. You just wanna be loved. Be loved right, and properly." He said grabbing my chin and I smiled a little saying "Just like every other woman."

"Now I know every man doesn't wanna do that, but just like the REAL men, I wanna be able to give that love to a woman like you." Jesse said.

"Mmm." I said blushing a bit.

"How we feeling bout that?" He asked.

"I like that idea. One day at a time." I said, and he nodded his head and faced me, intertwining both our hands and fingers together.

"Sounds good to me.." He said with a smile, and I smiled back.

He pulled my arms so they would wrap around him, and he wrapped his arms around me as well, slowly leaning in.

My heart was beating fast knowing what was happening right now, but I'm ready for it.

He kissed me, and I kissed him right back holding the sides of his face.

We both slightly pulled away and he gave me multiple kisses over and over making me giggle.

He wrapped his arms around me tightly and hugged me. "Pretty girl" He said to me as he kissed my forehead, I smiled hugging him back.

-

TREVANTE POV

"Hello?" I answered the phone for my homie Shon.

"Aye nigga where you at?" He asked.

"In my skin" I said, and he smacked his lips.

"Why you doing that" He said.

"Asking me where I'm at like you my bitch or something. What's up?" I said and he laughed saying "Fuck you"

I laughed too and said "Aye, I'm just saying"

"Man- Anyway, me and the homies was at 7-11 earlier getting some swisher sweets and we seen Janet and some nigga" He said, and I sat up in the bed.

"What?" I said.

"Yeah" Shon said.

"What he look like?" I asked.

"He dark skinned. Like yo complexion, and he had some grills in his mouth, I think he a rapper because I've seen his ass before, I just can't remember any songs at the moment" Shon said.

Then I automatically remembered seeing a rap nigga leaving out of Janet's salon when I was walking in. And he perfectly fits that description.

And that angered me.

Janet better not be fucking around with that nigga.

"Where'd you see them again?" I asked.

"7-11. They was getting snacks, and shit" He said.

"Did she see you?" I asked.

"I don't know, I don't think so" Shon said.

"I'm just contemplating how I'm gone handle this shit. She better not be fuckin wit that nigga that's on my mama." I said.

"Bro not even in yo caliber." Shon said.

"Facts, I seen the nigga. Can't hold a candle to me. On bro." I said, feeling myself get even more angry as I got out the bed and started putting my shoes back on.

I gotta figure out where they at.

"So don't even trip dawg" Shon said.

"Lemme call you back" I said to him.

"Aight" Shon said before we hung up the phone.

I went to Janet's messages with me on my phone, to see if her location was still on. When we started working on our relationship again, we shared each other's locations.

And I seen she turned it off and that pissed me off.

"Oh nah- She got a nigga fucked up" I said.

The fuck she even doing with another nigga? For what?

I grabbed my car keys and quickly made my way up out the house.

-

☕️