*CHAPTER THREE*

Zacznij od początku

Diego was interrupted by Charmaine who let out another cry but this time, it wasn't a cry of fear but sadness.

"I'm so sorry. I tried...I couldn't save him. I'm so sorry."

I couldn't bear seeing her like this. She looked so helpless and there was nothing I could do to help her. I just couldn't try to, so, I just walked out of the room quietly.

<—>

POV: Charmaine Hargreeves

~~~

I sat on my bed in my bedroom. Wow. Nothing in here has changed. I had just changed into the only set of clothing I could find,the official Umbrella Academy uniform.

The walls were still the same colour. I could tell that the room would be cleaned for there wasn't any dust on any of the books or shelves. It felt weird sitting here.

"What to do...? "I asked myself.

I decided to go downstairs and just sit with the siblings that were there. It's been an hour since I woke up and I haven't had a proper meal in a decade so it wouldn't hurt if I just went downstairs to have a quick snack.

I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. There, I found Allison who looked so different from how she looked the last time I left her before, but in a good way. Klaus who was hugging an electric guitar in one of the dining seats. And then there was Five.

The one person who I saw hadn't changed one bit from the last time I saw him well, except for the fact that he was slightly taller and more... handsome than I remember.

'What the fuck was that! How could you think that? Remember he left you to fulfil a plan you  BOTH came up with!'

"Where's Vanya?"I asked. I didn't see her earlier and I wanted to see how she's doing.

"Oh! She left!"Klaus sighed as he looked at Charmaine, who was entering the kitchen.

"Hmm. That's disappointing. "Five sighed as he stopped looking through the shelves in the kitchen.
" Yeah—" Allison sighed but was cut off by Five.
" This house has Forty-two bedrooms and Nineteen bathrooms and not a single drop of coffee."

"Dad hated coffee," Allison responded to Five's comment.

"He also hated children, but he had lots of us"Klaus sarcastically said.

I just stared at them, zoning out completely. Damn, I really missed these idiots.

"Charmaine!"

"Char!"

"Hellooo,earth to Charmaine!"

"Yeah sorry. What were you saying?"

"I was asking if you wanted to go get coffee. You know, get out of the house?"Five asked.

"Sure.  I would love to."I said smiling at Five.
It had been a long time since I got out of the house.

With that, he walked to me and grabbed my wrist jumping us out of the mansion and into an alleyway where Dad's Rolls Royce was parked. Typical.

"Oh, my God. Please do you mind giving  me a heads up before doing that ?"I told him as he let go of my wrist and walked towards the car.

Well, you never complained when I did that before." he said in a sarcastic tone.

"Well, last time I checked, "I paused, trying not to sound like I was about to puke.

"That was ten years ago and I hadn't just woken up from a decade-old coma so.."I said after regaining strength. I clicked my tongue.

"I forgot about that. I'm  sorry."He said almost sounding ...genuine.

"It's okay. I know you didn't mean it."I answered giving him a comforting smile.

There was an awkward silence in the car.
I sighed and leaned my head on the window and gazed out of it. The night sky was beautiful, together with the quiet of the environment, it was an ideal heaven.

A/N:

Alright, so here's the next chapter. I haven't felt motivated to write, but here it is. Welcome Charmaine! It took me a while to introduce her into the story but she's finally here. This chapter is much shorter than the previous two, which was my intention. However, I didn't know what else to add to it. Also, I couldn't fit the fight scene in this chapter.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

XO, Katelyn<3