I swallowed deeply, bringing my bloody hands away from my face, body coming to a still.

I looked over at the bloody corpse of the woman I had just murdered, keeping my eyes locked with her lifeless ones.

"I haven't eaten in a few days now..."

<•------------•>

June 27th, 2432; 7:00 p.m.

I stumbled forward in the dark of night, moonlight shining down, as if putting my sorry state in the spotlight for whatever god there is to see. Oh how I'm longing for whatever punishment this is to end. 

It feels like I've been cursed. "Is this my punishment for allowing that damned mask to be destroyed? Is that demon king bastard behind all of this?" I thought to myself, ignoring the strange looks I was getting whilst I stumbled down the sidewalk. 

"H-Hisashi... please..."

I angrily brushed past several humans, pushing them to the side as I stumbled into a nearby alleyway. "Hisashi... Hisashi... Hisashi..."

Looking up into the night sky, I was met by the oddly distorted shine of the moon.

"Hisashi... why does that sound so...—

A sharp pain shot out through my head. As a demon, I'd usually have a naturally high tolerance to pain... but this... this rivals the pain a demon feels whenever Tanjiro destroys our cells as punishment. 

It's a wonder how I'm remaining upright. I grind my claws against the alleyway walls, accidentally breaking off a large chunk of brick. I pressed my back up against the wall, as my mind raced and raced and raced.

My reality was replaced with unfamiliar visions, scenes of a life once forgotten, a mere three simple yet confusing words replaying through my mind over and over and over again.

Hisashi. Inko. And... Izuku.

<•------------•>

June 28th, 2432; 7:30 p.m.

Finally...

Finally!

The pain is gone... the pain is... gone...

"Not just that, but..."

I lifted my hands up to my face, eyes narrowing in satisfaction as I realized I can no longer feel... him...

"I can't feel him. I can no longer feel that man's presence," I thought to myself, walking calmly down a sidewalk. "He's not within me, anymore!"

I chuckled lightly to myself, deciding to take an incredibly dangerous gamble. If I said this and my assumptions were false, the, I'd be affected by that man's curse, but... 

I sighed lowly to myself, shaking my head.

It may not be worth the risk, but I can use this to my advantage if need be.

"But... aren't Dragon's meant to be confident in their assumptions and abilities?" I smiled to myself. "I'm confident enough to know nothing will happen, but still."

After a few more moments of contemplation, I dared to speak the forbidden name of the powerful demon king.

"Tanjiro Kamado."

<•------------•>

June 31st, 2432; 6:30 p.m.