Violets

ABUJA,
EL-BAAZ MANSOR.

Hakeem approached Abdallah smiling, "hi dude" he said smiling also.

just as Abdallah was about to start talking he saw layla passing with a tray of cookies, "layla!" he called, and he waved at her.

She smiled and then started to walk towards him, "hi Abdallah" she said standing beside his seat.

He stood up and collected two cookies from the tray that was in her hands, the cookies were straight from the oven.

He picked two and ate them at once and it was super yummy.

Seeing he was enjoying it she decided to keep the tray on the table, so she moved to the table and she mistakenly tripped causing the tray to fly out of her hand and the cookies on hakeem.

She gasped even before they landed, "where's you head at lady" he said standing up immediately.

"I'm sorry" she said closing her mouth, he glared at her before leaving, and she looked at him as he left feeling happy from within.

Abdallah also smiled when he saw her smiling, so she took the tray and left the place happily after what had happened.

So hakeem returned to his sit after he changed, "so what was so important that made you come here this late" he said checking his patek philip wristwatch.

"Hakeem let me tell you something that has been bothering me for a long time, you see it's layla I'm talking about" he said turning to hakeem's direction.

Hakeems heart stopped beating for a moment before he replied, "what do you mean by that" he said sweating seriously.

"I mean I like her and I think I've fallen for her and I want to spend the rest of my wonderful life with her" he said looking at the chandelier as if his life would be brighter than that.

Hakeem felt a sudden anger burrowing into his heart, "If you like her why are you telling me this then" he said acting like he didn't care.

"What should I do please hakeem, I'm in love wallahi", and hakeem  felt like pinning him to the ground.

"Its not like I'm enjoying this talk Abdallah please leave me out of this, if you can't tell her then don't disturb me" he said holding his forehead with hand.

"You're right I should tell her" he said looking serious,  hakeem didn't mean that but Abdallah took it serious and now he's in a big mess.

"I will tell her on her birthday then" he said smiling, "which day is that" hakeem asked curiously.

"I5th June dude", he replied hitting hakeem's chest before leaving.

He watched him as he left thinking of what to do next, hakeem stood up thinking of what to do to earn his gem.

He was walking to the kitchen just then he bumped into layla, she was wearing a long cotton lavender dress with a silk head tie that was about to slip.

He didn't notice he was starring until he saw her moving closer to him as she stood on her toes trying to reach his height. He froze thinking of what to do.

She then she whispered into his ears "You...you love me van?" She said with a soft voice.

He felt like hot water had been poured on his heart, "I love you, layla. I wasn't supposed to love you, but I do" he replied with honesty in his eyes.

She looked at him looking confused, "what the hell did i just say" he said in his mind.

"That isn't the next line" she said disappointed, he then understood what she meant by that question.