1.0

You knew very few people whose hearts would weigh less than yours on the scale of judgement. In the world of jujutsu kaisen, there were even fewer.

The first (and only) person that comes to mind is Itadori Yuji.

It might have been because he's only just been introduced to it, or maybe because there's so little hatred in his heart that even Sukuna, the king of Curses, can't corrupt it.

Surely, you could not win against Itadori in your own game.

But Sukuna and him share a body now, so wouldn't that mean Sukunas' wrongdoings are to be recorded in Itadoris' heart as well? You weren't sure, and you weren't willing to bet your life on it either.

Gojo Satoru has known you for a while now. Or at least known of you. Whenever death and carnage were prevalent, he'd catch a glimpse of you.

It was only ever a glimpse, but he'd manage to commit your appearance to memory, recognising you each time.

The first time he was able to look at you for long was because you were standing over Itadoris body. You remained silent as you observed the then cold corpse, looking at the gaping hole where his heart was ought to be.

"You're taking your time with this one." Gojo commented casually, not at all alarmed by your presence, just as you weren't alarmed by his. There was a beat of silence before you glanced at him, your eyes a dazzling mix of red and orange. He imagines it's what ambrosia would look like.

You stare at Gojo for a while, silently admiring the almost impossibly blue eyes that look back at you. He wasn't wearing his blindfold or glasses, and even you can't help but feel a little intimidated by his unfiltered gaze. You feel vulnerable, almost.

"That's because he's not dead yet."

You spoke, finally, voice a timber lower than how Gojo imagined it would have sounded all the years he kept seeing you. He could always see you, feel your presence, just barely out of his grasp yet oh so far.

"The parasite in his body is preventing him from dying completely." The slight anger in your tone doesn't go unnoticed by Gojo, and it sparks a thought. You acted more human than he thought you would. But then again, he knew almost nothing about you. Ancient scriptures he was too lazy to read through completely only ever mentioned of your name and what you did.

"Calling the king of curses a parasite is pretty ballsy." He chuckled all while your face morphed to one of confusion. Your hair was white, just like his, but it fits you more than him. His hair is an almost blinding white, like reflected light on untouched snow. Yours looked less intrusive, a lot softer, and more well kept even under the jackal mask.

"Is he not just that?" You crossed your arms, the displeased frown on your face eliciting an amused grin out of Gojo despite the previously glum atmosphere in the very same morgue.

"It's nice to finally talk to you, Anubis." You flinched at the mention of your name. Or rather, the name bestowed upon you once you reached godhood. You haven't been called that in a long while. Gone are the days when you were worshipped. The number of followers of your pantheon has since then dwindled until not a single one remained. With the dwindling following came the fall of your comrades. After all, a god is only as strong as the people who worship them.

"(Y/n)" You correct the male whose eyes remind you of the limitless sky. You'd tell him to call you by your last name instead as per the customs of this country, but you don't remember what it was.

"(Y/n)," Gojo tested how your name sounded on his tongue, and his smile grows. It felt pleasant. "Does this mean I'll get the chance to talk to you again?" He sounded almost hopeful in his inquiry. After all, you gave him your name. Surely, that meant he'd be using it.

"I don't know, Gojo." Your lips quirk upwards, a gentle smile kinder than anything his being can muster gracing your features. "With how the heavens itself seem to favour you, we might just be able to meet again."

Yuji finally stands up from the cold metal table where he was to be dissected, yet you didn't look surprised. The teens gaze first falls on his teacher, then to you.

Yuji could tell immediately that you weren't human, but not a curse either. In fact, there was this sort of vibe to you. Almost like the energy you were exuding was the opposite of cursed energy. You were dressed oddly, too, the most eye-catching being the jackal mask resting on your head.

Before he could speak, Sukuna formed a mouth on his cheek.

"You're still alive?" There was a mocking lilt to Sukunas tone, one that you didn't take too kindly to. You rolled your eyes, an act that Gojo questioned the meaning to.

"You're one to talk. Maybe you should have just stayed dead."

Before Sukuna could give you a sarcastic response, the heavy door to the morgue opens. Gojo notices you leave immediately. It was hard not to when your presence was so potent when you're standing so close for once. But just as you had disappeared within a blink of an eye, you took all traces of your presence with you.

Shoko enters the room, surprised to see Yuji up and kicking.

"So that's why I heard voices... I could have sworn I heard a third one, tho."

"Must have been the wind." Gojo replies with a grin.