"she saw us! the fuck we're gonna do now?!" the other whispered.

"we gotta take her out-" hawk spoke, but the three just stared at him with wide eyes.

"we can't possibly-"

"fine, you pussies, i'll do it myself," hawk muttered under his breath as he rolled his eyes and made a fist with his hand.

sakura breathed in deeply. she was mad- no, she was furious, and she wasn't going to let them walk out of the dojo injury free.

she ran to the one closest to her, and kneed him hard and effectively in the groin.  the second charged at her and sakura promptly punched him in the chest, feeling a bit of satisfaction when she heard a resounding crack! echo after she'd punched him. there were only two left, one who's name she believed to be chris and the other being eli. they circled around her. sakura didn't waste time, using a spinning hook kick to knock chris to the ground. she sensed eli behind her and turned sharply on her heel, thowing a hard punch to the side of his face. eli stumbled, and sakura raised her leg, ready to roundhouse kick the boy. before she had the chance to, though, sakura felt a sharp pain on the right side of her head and passed out immediately, collapsing to the ground.

hawk stumbled back, breathing heavily. he tasted iron as blood filled his mouth, but all he could do was stare at the crumpled figure that lay on the ground by his feet and the bloody rock which he held in his hand. for a moment, he hesitated as his eye swept the ruined state of the dojo and the state of girl who he knew his close friend liked. for one moment, and one moment only, eli moskowitz felt regret fill his eyes as he wondered 'what have i done?'

* * *

i groaned as i woke up, feeling my head throb slightly. as soon as my eyes opened, i was met with the sight of the blue sky above me. i sat up and checked the time on my smart watch. 

05:03

okay, i thought, i haven't been out for long at all so i definitely don't have a concussion.

i tenderly touched the sore side of my head, cursing when my fingertips came back stained red. i assumed hawk had hit me with the sharp side of a rock which he'd picked up while i was beating up his friend. funnily enough, i knew i was fine as i could see and hear properly. my vision wasn't blurry as most people's are after getting knocked out, nor did i feel the need to pass out in the driveway again. i guessed that eli didn't hit me that hard, and the rock only grazed my head which explains the light bleeding. thankfully, there weren't any visible cuts or bruises on my skin. i think i'd cry if i had to go on a date looking as though i got jumped.

i stood up and walked towards the inside of the dojo, simultaneously pulling out my phone and calling mr larusso's number. when he didn't answer after 10 rings, i called again and again.

"sakura?" he tiredly asked me when he finally answered. i could hear that he'd just woke up, and i wished that i myself was still sleeping.

"dojo. now." my eyes scanned the room. why the fuck would they do this?

"what?" he asked.

"just-" i spoke in italian. "sbrigati! hurry up," i dropped.

they took my grandfather's medal of honour. they took my mother's black belt. they took my mother's nun-chucks. i dropped to the ground, picking up the remains of my mother's bo staff which was hung up on the wall along with her other achievements. my father along with my godfather and johnny had worked together to make this themselves as a birthday present for her - i knew the story all too well. she'd written about it many times in her diary. now i held the broken pieces of her present in my hands.